Monday, February 6, 2012

Tall Giraffe Puppet Tutorial

TUTORIAL TIME!!!! 
TUTORIAL TIME!!!!

In my ongoing quest to be of more assistance to my followers, some time back I realized that we could have our very own 'make-it/take-it' workshops here over the Internet. At this exact same time, Tinkerlab is hosting one of her creative challenges in her ongoing series. This time her challenge is all things: paper bag!! So I've timed this tutorial to align with her blog hop series intended to nurture creativity. 

I checked her happy 'rules' and adult "bag-play" was also encouraged, so there you have it..... I'm probably stretching this idea just a tad from the majority of others involved. Our fun puppet is linked to lots of other child-directed fun. Given my focus over the last week here, on the differences between process and product in children's Art, you may be surprised to see me on such a 'crafty' tangent. Balance, grasshopper.
Know when to use what and WHY!



My supply list starts off with the crucial element: THE bag. I had to look around to find a 'neutral' colored wine bag to use as the base for our giraffe's body. I found the one pictured at our local 'Dollar Tree' store for the proverbial dollar. YEAH!!!!

Also needed: BIG googlie eyes (which I like to show off with optional buttons for backing.) Three sheets of craft foam: tan, medium brown + dark chocolate brown.

I used a standard glue gun and glue sticks to glue everything together. Get some brown yarn while you're gathering supplies.











So there you have it!
Your very own Tall Giraffe puppet!!
It is my hope to offer this simple idea to support your discovery of all things giraffe.
Click here for my awesome pinterest giraffe collection.  

I wrote an original 'happy-lappy, tongue-so-slappy' call and response, cumulative dittie and recorded it on my third album.
My niece Kelly went to Africa + took photos for my book version.

My ongoing promo-code on my site is the word: GREAT.
Grass roots efforts are terrific: great will save you 10%.
Here's a YouTube video of my song + it's picture book version.
Wanna see inside the book?




BTW. Here are my two earlier tutorials.
Goldie Goldfish puppet on a craft-paper bag!
Ladybug puppet on a stretchie black glove!
In getting this post organized today, I realized that I had been showered by love years earlier, when a classroom of children created paper-bag designer vests to welcome me back from my hiatus of being away due to my second diagnosis of Breast Cancer (surgery and ramifications.)

You've just got to see this labor-of-love. I'm so grateful for Tinkerlab for reminding me of this earlier expression of LUV!!!


Here's a close-up -- for how-to insight..



This is why you take the time to keep a blog. It is a reminder, a scrapbook, a journal.

Seeing these wee-wonders from that tenuous time in my life, reminds me how far I've come, how much I have to be grateful for and how much I adore teachers.

From my heart............ and all of that joy came today's paper bag prompt.

-- Debbie --

Tinkerlab
Posted by Picasa


2 comments:

  1. I love it! Can't wait to try it with my daughter. But first I have to get hold of the Tall paper bag! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Esther!!! Thanks so much for stopping by with encouragement. It's so much fun to hear from readers. I have to 'finish' my giraffe. Just tonight I found the pom-poms and yarn that I will add as further embellishments. Stay tuned for the 'details' I'll use for completion!

      Delete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...