Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hearts + Catamaran LUV


Previews of Coming Attractions!!!!
My goal for the New Year was to get my next picture book underway! It is!!! UNDERWAY!

I have all of my fabric along on our current vagabond and make progress every week. These are teeny-tiny tidbits getting prepared for the grande finale. Yes, it would seem I'm working a tad bit inside out. My prerogative. LOL. Seemed fitting to share today! I get to play kaleidescope-ic hearts on VALENTINE'S DAY!
Fun, fun, fun!!! Kaleidescope LUV!




Here's the gift we received for Valentine's Day -- exactly one week early.

Allen bought a 'groupon' for a boating adventure and made the reservation, but the weather was bad and the trip was cancelled. So he rescheduled and the 'only' thing available from the company was to sign up for a Catamaran Adventure. We ended up being the only people to arrive on time!!!!! Our gracious Captain Keir decided to give us the adventure of a lifetime and set sail with the 48 foot party boat Catamaran for JUST THE TWO OF US!!!

Welcome to our version of our own Reality Show, Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous!




There was room for a couple dozen of our closest friends!!!! The trip was supposed to be a 'family friendly' sail up and down the inter-coastal with a stop off for the afternoon at a state park to kayak.

When it ended up being JUST THE TWO OF US -- our personal captain asked what we'd MOST like to do with our time and we promptly set sail for the ATLANTIC!!!!!


RAISE THE SAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The view of Ft. Lauderdale from the sea!!!!


Oh, and Captain Kier asked Allen if he'd like to fish while out and about....... can you guess how Allen responded?



 



















Time to head back to port. We are so 'tall' we have to wait for the bridge to be raised.



Big buddy waiting patiently with us for the bridge to get all the way up! We're in pretty amazing company!!! The view while we wait..... where I learned that Ft. Lauderdale has declared itself the YACHT captiol of the world. The USS Cakewalk and others of its ilk can apparently be 'rented' for around a million for the week. Good gracious sakes alive!









Now are you ready for the grand-daddy of them all? Are you sitting down? Are you ready to see what can be built if you are the one who created the elevator? As in OTIS Elevators -- the name that you see in every elevator that you ever ride? Drumroll................


Thus concludes our episode of Diva-Queen, Princess GeeGee make-all-your-dreams come true. We will forever be grateful for such an afternoon as this one. I have tons more photos, but I think you get the ghist. I hope that all of my beachie-gal friends have enjoyed the tour along with my reliving it here.



I've got to search for a great quote to 'write' into the sand above. That is my goal for today. Sand writing in Picasa for eternity. What a day! Wishing you and yours dreams-that-come-true for Valentines Day and for always. OK. I found a thought from e.e.cummings -- whatcha think?



                                                 -- Debbie --

p.s. Here we are in real-time. This is how we spent our Valentine's Day....on the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...