Sunday, February 19, 2012

Writing Prompts from Photos!

I'm learning!! I'm learning!!!!
I'm growing!!! I'm growing!!!!

photo of: Writing Prompts from Photographs: Alligator, Iguana, Man of War and more!

I have cyber blogging friends!!! Here's the latest cyber link-up being co-hosted by Selina of 'Classroom Magic' and Kathie of 'Diary of a NOT so Wimpy Teacher' for their students who benefit from 'writing prompts' to get their number one imaginations and their number 2 pencils moving together!

This is PERFECT for me -- because I have sooooooooooooooo many photos and can never quite figure out how to share them here. WELCOME to glimpses from behind my camera lens. Let's get started with this image from Daytona Beach just yesterday. By the way, the questions posed are the very ones that I had while taking the picture!

photo of: Writing Prompts from Photographs, use as conversation starters, too!

Here's one I took during our air-boat ride in the Everglades a couple weeks ago. By the way, I would guess-ti-mate that it was about four feet long at the minimum!!! I had NO idea they could get this big and beautiful. It was like he was posing for me!!!

photo of: Writing Prompts from Photographs, use as conversation starters, too!

At the end of every Everglades air-boat ride there is the proverbial 'gator-show.' This trip was no exception. Only about 15 years ago the girls participated in just such a show! Where are those pictures? No I was encouraging them!

photo of: Writing Prompts from Photographs, use as conversation starters, too!

This one is indeed from Planet Earth. Beach-side Florida.
Looked like it could have been from another galaxy to me.

photo of: Writing Prompts from Photographs, use as conversation starters, too!

I thought that I'd work extra-hard today to create prompts that would be 'boy-friendly.'
That means tomorrow I will have flowers + castles and images on the other side of the stereo-typical spectrum: girlie things.
It's my experience that the boys are the ones who need some extra motivation to get the pencil moving, especially when they are younger.

I had a recent couple of posts on all things Fine Motor so its exciting to get beyond the basics + mechanics now and venture to the creativity inherent in the writing process.
[Fine Motor Support + Insight: Part one. Part two.] 

These 'self-portraits' were captured last week during my Author-in-the-Schools visit.
I wanted to have a variety of prompts in this post..... so here's the way kindergarten boys view their world.  

photo of: Writing Prompts from Photographs, use as conversation starters, too!

This one is from our 7.5 hours on the Caribbean island to launch the New Year -- just after our snorkel adventure! I put this image together on behalf of teachers everywhere, who may need a February pick-me-up and just to breathe over it again myself.

                    ENJOY!!! ENJOY!!! ENJOY!!!

photo of: Writing Prompts from Photographs, use as conversation starters, too!

I'll start working on the next installment right away!
As promised. Here's the link to the second set of prompts.

photo of: You Know You're a Teacher...... photos prompt writing possibilities

-- Debbie --

P.S. It dawned on me this morning that these images will be brought together with all of the other photos from the linky to create a free eBook!

In any case, I realize that it will be easier on the editors of the eBook, if I get all of my pictures going the same way. So here's the photo edit of the banana-bike up above.

I didn't want to straight-up replace the image, since I'd already pinned it.

photo of: Photographs that provide writing prompts and conversation starters

2 comments:

  1. Selina!!!! Thanks so much for the prompt! (teeheehee: get it? you prompted me to create writing prompts. LOL!!!)

    I LUV this and could spend hours on end creating more! I'll use this format for future photos that don't quite fit anywhere else around here. You've given me an outlet! Watch out!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...