Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Debbie Clement's Author-Illustrator Slide Share

photo of: Slideshare: how + why via RainbowsWithinReach

OH HAPPY DAY!!! 
~~ SLIDESHARE ~~
Another hurdle on the technological landscape: check!
Look below at one 'slide' that I 'built' in power-point. 
It's the final slide in my first, ever Slideshare show. 
-----------------------------
 Here's the biggest news of my quilted dream career. 

photo of: Slideshare Slide: Debbie Clement gives the Opening Keynote for "I Teach K"
The final slide in my first ever "Slideshare" presentation..... with hotlinks embeded when you're in the Slideshare show! 

SLIDESHARE? Did someone say slideshare? 
Who said Slideshare? What's Slideshare?
D...R...U...M...R...O...L...L... Here's my first!



SLIDESHARE #1!!
Can you believe it? Did it work? 
I continue to attempt to leap tall buildings in numerous small bounds. 

Enclosed above you hopefully found a 53 slide 'scrapbook' of my travels making school visits -- with some library visits mixed in as well. All of this effort (and I have been working on this non-stop for the last two days) was prompted by five things:
  1. I read an article that said that having "Slideshare" presentations will help Google 'find' your work and get you cataloged. I am truly working on my G+ skills and giving it new-found time and effort. So this 'project' seemed like something that I could 'do' to attract those spidey-bots in my direction. +Lisa Nolan has really been guiding me into the deeper end of the  G+ pool. She's shared numerous G+ articles with me and I'm forever grateful. Find her blogging at: "Confessions of a Montessori Mom Blog."  The woman is brilliant & oh, so generous! 
  2. I had a fellow blogger, Nicole Lanier of "Lanier's Lions" request info on how to set up a visit for me to come to their school district and she needed something to share with her committee. Nicole, I designed this with you in mind! 
  3. Lanier's Kindergarten Lions
  4. My visit last week for "Read Across America" was oh-so-much-fun(!!!) and I'd LUV LUV LUV to replicate the success I've just experienced at other sites. Having a visual 'tutorial-slideshare' of previous success seems like a great way to generate future success. Having Greg orchestrate such an experience for his little monsters was the inspiration I needed to share-thru-slides, just how excellence works! 
  5. Then I have +Fern Smith to thank for her sending me to the 3 minute YouTube video on how to embed hotlinks into your power-point program. As this was a whole new skill-set for me to learn. Fern blogs over at "Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas" and has a Thursday Tech linkup every week -- where she encourages the tech-challenged, like moi, and holds our hands. I hope to get to her school one day as she's right here in sunny Florida. 
  6. Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas
  7. For anyone that has oodles to share and isn't fond of the thought of staring in a video, this is the PERFECT alternative!  BTW: You build the ENTIRE Slideshare show as a power-point presentation and then upload the whole ppp in one action to ss. Make sense? Now I have to figure out how to edit. LOL. Progress!
SUPER HELPFUL LINKS from +Lisa Nolan regarding Google+

Let's see if it worked. 
Leave me a comment if you can get it to work. I've even included hyper-links from the slideshare program to a variety of places: here, PreK+K Sharing, my dot com store, Pinterest account, Google+ account and LinkedIN. Can someone test drive it for me? 

Leave me a comment and I'll have to give a random drawing thank you to some lucky winner! 

***Note to self. Apparently you can't 'pin' the image of the Slideshare presentation?!?!?! So I went into the Slideshare show, converted the power-point slide to a jpg, uploaded it to the html of the blog and VOILA, I have an image to pin.... is there a better way? As you can see, it does take a village indeed! 

***Second note to self. I could Google+ two of my helping contributors, but not the other two. What's up with that? Baby steps!!

Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com




***Third note to self. I just noticed that I now have over 200 followers at my Teachers Pay Teachers store! I have a new product that I just added and motivation to add some more! Look for my songs in zipped files that include an Mp3 of my original song and support materials. 

****One final observation. Slideshare has its own analytics. Who knew? I can see that in the first 15 hours since I up-loaded my slide-show, 47 people have viewed it DIRECTLY from Slideshare. This is PHENOMENAL news to me! Those are people who would have never, ever heard of me without having made the slide-show. HUGE!! People. BLOGGERS! This is HUGE new potential!!! Oh happy day! 

-- Debbie -- 
Fern Smith's Thursday's Tech Tips for 
Teachers

4 comments:

  1. You are the best bloggie friend in the World! Thank you, thank you, thank you for your kind words! AND...thank you for teaching me something new, this is soooooo cool!
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome, Fern! I'm so grateful to you for your insight. I can't wait to walk into YOUR room!

      Debbie

      Delete
  2. It worked for me and I loved the visual/text combo. How exciting to see my kiddos worked featured! So proud :)
    Holly Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly!!! I was hoping that you'd get a chance to see all of your hard work displayed for the wider world. You're the best. Can't wait for our annual visit. It will be here before we can blink!

      Debbie

      Delete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...