Thursday, March 25, 2010

Designer Debbie-Duds





When I arrived at the second building for our older friends, Director Hilary met me at the door -- ostensibly to help me carry my gear into the building, but I think in retrospect it was to keep her from swallowing all the goldfish. Imagine my ABSOLUTE delight and surprise when I went out into the hall to gather up the "Chameleon Room" children, to find them dressed in individualized, designer "Debbie-vests!!!!" Oh, what medicine for the soul.


Look closely and you'll see that each brown paper bag has been cut to include an opening and sleeves. The details are adornments of scrap booking paper..... 'quilted' onto the bags. Talk about child-directed! Talk about design infused! Talk about open-ended!! Talk about support and encouragement. Wow. WOW. WoW. WOW. WoW. That's a five-star wow!!!!!


Oh and they are playing their personally created shakers, to accompany their all too amazing serenade. Some days are more than filled with memories..... they are just plain: WONDERFUL.

******It's been nearly two years since this amazing shower-of-love. I have now entered this delightful joy into a blog hop on all things PAPER-BAG, as part of Tinkerlab's creative challenge.

This particularly sweet greeting was done in honor of my returning to 'work' (as music-lady, author/illustrator woman) after my second diagnosis, surgery and treatment for Breast Cancer, the Sequal. Looking back from the vantage of the paper-bag challenge, all this time later, makes me so glad that I keep a blog! Makes me so grateful for the teachers I serve beside. Makes me ever so grateful  that I've had another two years of life.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...