Saturday, February 18, 2012

100 Day Celebration Concludes


Third of three. Conclusion.
Wrap up of my reporting mini-series for 100th Day party ideas.
PIZZA!! Everybody LUVS PIZZA!!!!

These are all ideas I was able to document from my "Artist/Author-in-the-Schools" visit earlier this week in South Daytona, Florida. The teachers are thrilled to have Pinterest ideas to motivate them -- this is what some of their ideas look like brought to life in their rooms.

This pizza-project has 20 pieces of each of 5 toppings applied:

  • 20 Onions
  • 20 Cheese
  • 20 Mushrooms
  • 20 Peppers       
  • 20 Pepperoni
    100




The first photo up above shows three different examples of the hundred-day projects which were displayed on the classroom windows -- over the mini-blinds to be exact. Of course you can see the pizza featured. If you look below the pizza you see the beginnings of the caterpillar with 100 circular elements in his crawling length. Up in the right hand corner of the photo are the beginnings of the children's self-portraits that I shared yesterday.



Here's what the caterpillar looks like as it crawls across the entire window area of the classroom.
Can you see some of the 100 year old portraits on display above the caterpillar?

Time is always the critical portion of the equation on my school visits. Time only allowed me to document the projects in the first two classroom in the K-pod and the public hallway bulletin board. Hopefully you've gotten some fun ideas for your next counting up to the 100th! They had 10 K classrooms. These last 3 days are ideas from only 20% of the rooms. Sigh.

After getting lots of photos of the children's work, then its time for me to get to 'work' and share my projects with my mature kinder-kiddos. Turn about is fair play!

Here's just a little glimmer into the fun we had together in their multi-purpose room. I'm getting them warmed up with a quick game of follow-the-leader to get them into 'crossing the mid-line' which will figure significantly into our morning's choreography!




Here's the link to the first part in this 100 Day mini-series.
Here's the link to the second part in this 100 Day mini-series.
Here's the link to last year's 100 Day party homework assignments.

By the way, YES!!!!!
I have indeed written and recorded a song for the 100th day.
Sounds like Elvis Presley counting by 5's, big ending counts by 10's.
My 100 Day song is on my 5th album, "Debbie Ditties 5: Jump, Jam, Jive!" 


Therefore I have a Pinterest board for all things 100. Click right here, as of this moment there are 145 ideas stored over there for your further motivation!

If we start planning now, maybe I can be at your school for your 100th day next year!

-- Debbie --


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...