Monday, October 3, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

REFLECTIVE REVIEW.


It's such an enormous thrill to be learning how to blog in such a way that people are actually reading what I'm writing: what a concept!!!!! I thought that I'd round up a dozen of my earlier blog-posts that I wish had received some readership. Most of them are poignant. So bookmark the post and save for a time when you want to sigh, consider, reflect and treat yourself to some encouragement -- even inspiration. [Click on the link highlighted-in-blue to go to read the original post.]

  1. Here's the post that explains the name: Rainbows Within Reach. It involves a fish tank and a child's perspective -- which remain with me everyday, inspiring me to do my best and look at the world thru the eyes of children.
  2. This is the post that tells the amazing story of a non-English speaking classroom  and one little girl's response to my picture book "You're Wonderful" written in her own handwriting and from her heart to mine.  ****If you can only read one flashback, please choose this one!******
  3. The posts that tell of the 19' by 11 foot' quilt of construction paper created in response to my picture book "Red, White and Blue" are simply amazing and you can read all of the connected posts to that story here at: Carie's Kindergarten.
  4. An up-beat little post that tells a heart warming story of a family's adoption (shared with me at I Teach K)
  5. This one is about the heroic nature of parents of a child with special needs
    6.    Here's a heart-warmer about a family who fosters [if you're in a hurry -- just go to see the picture]
    7.    This ones still in my Top-10: 'rules-to-live-by' thru the eyes of kindergarten hopefully if a few more of you are lead to read there, it will stay visible on my wall for the future.

    8.   THE most amazing greeting & backdrop for me as an author/illustrator was visiting an elementary and took place on Long Island last year..... worth clicking over there just to see the children's artwork.
    9.    TEAR ALERT: I'm writing about the 'Blue Christmas' service at church for Christmas eve -- significant to me as a two-time survivor of early Breast Cancer. What an amazing concept to honor those who may not be feeling full of star-light & star-bright.
   10.   This one shares my appreciation for my son-in-laws service in the Air Force: Freedom Isn't Free  and BTW: he just returned home again tonight -- after having been deployed for 40 days on this particular war-zone assignment.

   11.  With all of these poignant stories maybe you just want to see some wedding photos, when we're all cleaned up and smiling so pretty. These are from our youngest delightful weekend celebration. They've JUST celebrated their 2nd anniversary: perspective.
   12.  Here's a recap of the amazing serendipitous parade-in-Verona-Italy  during my USO style tour to four of our Army bases earlier this year, click to read the rest-of-the-story.

   13.  BONUS: This final installment in looking back was my effort to celebrate the life of my dear friend, Saint, introduced to me because of Breast Cancer, whose life was cut short by the inability of science to extend her life.... an appropriate ending for this re-count and the simultaneous beginning of "Pink-tober"

It was fun to think this through and realize what an amazing time it's been blogging over the past couple of years. Thanks so much for joining me!!! Having an audience of readers is a lovely joy and responsibility. I truly think about what you might be interested in reading, before I begin typing.

THANK YOU for spending some of your day with me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...