Monday, October 10, 2011

Susan Hale Seminar

SUSAN HALE!!!!!!That's the finished product above. Rewind a bit, while it was still summer and I was still up in Door County attending painting workshops at Edgewood Orchard Gallery. It is my pleasure to introduce you to the stunning work of Susan Hale. I LUV everything about her approach. I have been introduced to her simplified graphic shapes of color over the last couple of summers, but it was truly amazing to watch her paint over the course of the afternoon. This is how she got underway.





She also begins her work with an 'under-painting' (in the same manner that Shelby Keefe begins, from an earlier chronicle here) and her choice is typically a variation in the red family for that initial layer. Those are her 'caulk-gun-like' cartridges of paint, posing as a still life in the afternoon sun.



















My last days on the peninsula were a race between packing up, taking fall foliage photos for my mommy and visiting the various galleries for one final inspirational visit to tide me over till next summer. The Edgewood had this finished and framed piece of Susan's grand-painting style hanging prestigious outside of their garden gallery..... glorious in every way!!! I think of these sort of posts as a special treat for my Art teacher friends and my art appreciators. ENJOY!!!! I can hardly wait for next summer's demonstrations!!!!!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. It's really grand,the way you demonstrated looks so easy that even i can try to make it but you have not explained the coloures to be used in what order.please do explain to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, just wanted to show some bloggy love and let you know I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award, here is the link to the post on my site for the details http://storybookscience.com/2011/10/the-versatile-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That looks like so much fun! The colors are so exciting and and the photos are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...