Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Hug is Worth............

............... a thousand words. This morning I open my Facebook account to find this amazing picture posted on my wall. This comes to me via the east-coast. My ZB buddy, Stuart is a man with a HUGE heart and together he & his wife offer their home as a foster-site for children needing love. They offer a port-in-the-storm, yet they offer more than that.

This brown-eyed beauty was in their home over her birthday. Stuart 'knew' that she needed the words of my book in her life and had a copy to 'gift' her. He reports that she listened to my song about 20 times. Won't you sleep better tonight knowing that there are people like Stuart & his wife who offer sanctuary to children in need? Sleep even more soundly realizing that they have literally given her the words, "I think you're wonderful." It's obvious to me from her smile, that she believed them. She believed their affirmation.

It's days like this that I ponder what these simple, yet powerful words can mean in the hands of caring people. Caring teachers. Caring parents. Caring grand-parents. Caring foster-parents. It takes a village.

Her eyes just sparkle straight into my heart as she hugs my book. Thank you Stuart for being the conduit. You have literally given her a firm foundation, when she needed it most. You have given me some additional fuel for my journey as I bask in the after-glow of her glittering eyes and those amazing long eyelashes. KUDOS, my friend.

Poignant. People. Perseverance. Powerful.

4 comments:

  1. Is that just amazing or what! I love hearing stories like this and love that your message through song and story telling is having such a healing and powerful impact on the lives of young children. Keep doing what you are doing so others will be blessed too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that just amazing or what! I love hearing stories like this and love that your message through song and story telling is having such a healing and powerful impact on the lives of young children. Keep doing what you are doing so others will be blessed too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwhhhh and she DOES have beautiful eyes and lashes!!!

    You know....I gave your book to a little girl my brother and SIL were fostering last Christmas! There's no telling how many of your books are touching the hearts of those that need it the most:)

    You have a ministry Faithie!! A true Ministry!!! Keep on----keepin on---

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing story! You have touched sooo many lifes in a postivie way Debbie! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...