Thursday, October 6, 2011

Adieu to You



Summer........ fleeting images still linger: enjoy!!!!  






































A word or several of explanation. I've had a blog for over 3 years at this point. Lately I've really been attempting to learn how to be of better 'service' in the blog-o-sphere ......better posts, more interesting, more inspirational, more readers. More + better. Right?
I'm flumoxed. Completely. All of a sudden this particular post has jumped from total obscurity (virtually no readers) to being in my all time Top 10 list? How on earth did it get there? I truly don't know???? Wish I did. Not one comment left, but suddenly in the Top 10?
Originally I hadn't even written a word here. LOL. Maybe there's a message there? I was just dumping my memory card and attempting to move my mind out of one season and into the next..... which I've been known to do periodically. Don't know if someone gave a shout out on a photo blog somewhere?? Don't know how all ya'all found this??? Leave me a comment if you came here specifically from somewhere else. Pretty please with sprinkles on top.



 FYI: I'm living a rather charmed chapter of my life. I'm a children's picture book author and illustrator and I took these photos at our summer heavenly hiatus home, which is up in northern WI, Door County to be specific. Sister Bay (pop. 886) to be even more exact.... Where we have goats-on-the-roof, in addition to sailboats-in-sunsets as nightly entertainment. There's applause as the sun goes below the horizon. Seriously.

Our place is a block from the marina. These are daily images for months on end. It's easy to be inspired in Door County. I fill my bucket all summer long with these images. It recharges my battery for my school visits and conference presentations and by sharing here -- hope to offer you some glimpse of the joy I see.
                                                                      

Poets and artists. Photographers and quilters. Painters and nature and vistas and the Arts in every third re-claimed dairy barn. It's a place of wonder. If you want sailboat sunset pictures, click here. If you want more goats on the roof, here's your click. If you just need a big fix of daisies this would be the click for you with 24 posts devoted to daisies, seriously, plus a 5 minute 'movie' of hundreds of daisy pictures! Or maybe you like photography and want to fall into this well of 199 previous posts that garnered that tag, if so click here.

Here I thought I was writing a blog about my original songs for children? I'm glad that you found me, found this post and I hope that you enjoy these images. ---- Debbie ----
                                                                           Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...