Thursday, October 27, 2011

Author Visit: Too Much Fun!


AUTHOR VISIT Day #TUESday!!!!
Every day that I work with children during my author visit, I attempt to remember to tell them, "this is my job." I even go on to say, "people pay me money to share my ideas with students." I think it's important to tell children the truth. They may somehow jump to the conclusion because I am having so much fun that I just like to 'pop' into schools and enjoy myself...... and while that is true, the other fact is that I am the poster child for doing-what-you-love. Yes, folks I get paid to have this much fun  

Tuesday we put the crazy socks away and got out our happy hats!




Here's the lucky ducky, favorite-fliers -- with their selections just before heading out the door for home. I wish that there was an audio file of that little character in the front row. His deep chocolate eyes looked into mine and I swear to you he said, "I wish you knew how much having you here means to me." I think he went on to say, "I want to be like you when I grow up," but it was just too hard for me to hear him through the tears in my eyes.

Folks. This is why you take the time to write grants and sell candy bars and jump through all the hoops necessary to arrange for 'people-of-the-Arts' to interact with your students. It gives them -- the students, another vision. A vision of what they might like to do when they grow up!!! A vision of who they might one day become. That's why I tell them that this is my job. This is why I tell them that people pay me money. This is why I make merry and bright. This is why I pinch myself in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...