Monday, September 3, 2012

Small Town Americana + National Pride

photo of: Water Ski Pyramid for Small Town Festival in Door County, WI
Sister Bay Labor Day Marina Fest 2012

LABOR DAY! NATIONAL HOLIDAY! 
SMALL TOWN CELEBRATION!!
Happy day of family time. 
How did you honor this day? 

Living in a small village with a Labor Day festival? 
Brilliant respite + days of yore:
all rolled together into one celebration! 
Let me show you around our little slice of haven.

This is the setting that rejuvenates my very soul. 
When I start running around the countryside
making my Author/Illustrator school visits,
I reflect back to these happy moments to recharge.

photo of: Sundown over one of Green Bay's many Harbors

After a glorious sundown...... 
what could be better than lighting up the night sky? 

photo of: Labor Day Fireworks via RainbowsWIthinReach

I've really "studied" fireworks in the past for my grand finale quilt.
The last two pages of my picture book 
"Red, White and Blue" are a
combination of all of our fireworks-fun thru the years. 

Here's the pieces and parts as they were unfolding. 
Now in happy collage format for review. 
photo of: Fabric Finale of Fireworks: Quilt Illustration for "Red, White and Blue" by Debbie Clement

Here's a better look at the finished two pages. 
All things Americana. 
All things close to our hearts. 
All things: red, white and blue.
All things fireworks. 



Fireworks Quilt Conclusion to "Red, White and Blue" by Debbie Clement


-- Debbie -- 
p.s. I was able to upload the images to my new TpT store 
for the digital download of my
"Red, White and Blue" 
and it's on sale for the next 3 days! 
Just in time for your 9-11 observations.
I have a ton of patriotic art ideas in yesterday's post.  

Open House Week

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...