Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Behavior Charts RoundUP

photo of: Behavior Charts in the Classroom (Behavior Chart RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach)

I am LUV'in the RoundUP theme as a concept! 
It's so much fun to go back through my photo files and find a common denominator. 
Today is ALL about reinforcing positive behavior and the charts that help. 

In my travels as Author-Illustrator making school visits I've seen quite a few. 
I'm been fortunate enough to photograph several to share. 
Now I'll be on the look out for additional variations in the future.  
After I share the photos from my own files I have additional ideas from some Top Teacher friends of mine.

Let's get started with a classic -- from my school visit just last week. 
Leading off is the ubber-simple Mr. Smiley face from Southern Door County Elementary. 

photo of: Happy Face Behavior Chart w Individual Clothes Pins (Behavior Chart RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach)

In the keeping it very simple department this next rainbow spectrum was in use in Florida where we will return in just a couple of weeks. This one was used in a kindergarten room at South Daytona Beach Elementary. Self explanatory. 

photo of: Vertical Behavior Chart Color Coded (Behavior Chart RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach)

Now back to northern Door County (WI people.) 
This super animated version below is from my new best friend: Lizz! 
Oh that you could tour her classroom! 
She's spent 28 years in a room that is at least twice the size of a large Kinder-space. 
If you want to see some of the other photo-of-her-goodies, 
[I am cyber-mentor to this superstar + eventually she will share brilliant ideas with the wider world.]

photo of: Vertical Chart for Behavior (Behavior Chart RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach)


photo of: Behavior Chart with Animal Characters (Behavior Chart RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach)

I took the photos above and below in the two adjoining kindergarten classrooms at St. Paul Elementary (Westerville, OH) in the rooms of my long term fanclub officers. I have a feeling that these charts are quite possibly available from peers at Teachers Pay Teachers. If anyone can identify the specific store I will very happily insert links for ease in your shopping adventures. 

photo of: Behavior Chart with Animal Characters (Behavior Chart RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach)

Need a theme that might be of special significance to the testosterone driven? This baseball metaphor was also in central Ohio..... this time across town in Hilliard. Also a kindergarten room. 

photo of: Behavior Chart Using a Baseball Theme (Behavior Chart RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach)


photo of: DIY Behavior Chart Using Stop Light Theme (Behavior Chart RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach)

These two stop-light variations were used in Louisiana in the preschool I visited just outside of New Orleans. Yes. I live a pretty amazing life! The first one is DIY and the one below is obviously available for purchase somewhere. 

photo of: Behavior Chart Using Stop Light Theme (Behavior Chart RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach)


photo of: Classroom Behavior Chart Using Music Theme (Behavior Chart RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach)


photo of: Recognizing Positive Behavior with Stickers (Charting Positive Behavior RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach)

I've asked my fellow bloggers for their charts and ideas for tracking student behavior and I've already heard back from several of my TopTeacher friends. Here's the chart system that Sarah uses and documents over at her blog, Kindergarten Korner. Just click here to this article to read more about the specifics of her approach. 

photo of: Vertical Behavior Chart from Kindergarten Korner (Behavior Chart RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach)

Here's a peek at Maggie's Kinder Corner Owl-themed version. You can see her behavior chart hanging all the way to the right of her focus board.  Here's an article showing you how she uses it where she talks of Whole Brain focus as it applies to her chart. 


photo of: Maggie's Kinder Corner Behavior Chart with Owls: (Behavior Chart RoundUP via RainbowsWIthinReach)


photo of: Maggie's Kinder Corner Focus Wall (Roundup of Behavior Charts via RainbowsWithinReach)

Wait till you see this next version which is based on "Wild Things" and is center stage from Herding Kats in Kindergarten! Something about combining such a classic of wildness with positive behavior just makes me smile from ear-to-ear. Click over here to see what Jennifer's up to and take a look around while you're there. 

photo of: Herding Kats in Kindergarten Behavior Chart (Behavior Chart RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach)

Next is the final polka-dot choice of Hadar over at "Miss Kindergarten." You'll see in her article that she documents her inspiration from Denise at Sunny Days and others on Pinterest. She also details how she put her own together. She also cites the professional development piece that led her to institute this practice. I'll let you go over to her blog to read all about it. 

photo of: Miss Kindergarten's Behavior Chart (Behavior Chart RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach)

Next up is this beauty from Mrs. Hoffer's Spot. Are you following her blog?  I just love the look of it. Every time I visit I'm always cheered up by the design alone -- let alone all of her ideas. Wait till you hear about her 'system' of adding rhinestones to the clothes pins! BEDAZZLERS be still! I want my WonderPeeps earning her rhinestones! 


photo of: Mrs. Hoffer's Spot Behavior Management Chart (Behavior Chart RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach)


Do you have a 'monkey' theme in your room? You'll be certain to want to check out this variation from Mary over at Sharing Kindergarten. I can remember when she was brainstorming the verbiage to use. It turned out more than just tres cute. Here's the link to her blog where she's telling about it. 



Speaking of monkeys, Marsha has a lot of little monkeys in her room this year. They all begin the day swinging in the tree, but if they fall to the ground? Uh-oh, there's a note home! How cute is that? She also has a FREEBIE printable at her blog for the behavior 'rules' pictured below. You need to know Marsha at Differentiated Kindergarten if you don't already! She's one of our regular contributing authors at PreK+K Sharing where her box-of-rocks article is climbing our all time Top 10 List..... she's got printable freebies in that article too! No wonder she's such a super star! 

photo of: Differentiated Kindergarten Behavior System with Monkeys in a Tree (Behavior RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach)  photo of: Differentiated Kindergarten Classroom Rules FREEBIE (From Classroom Behavior RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach)

Here's a simplified three scaled version from Creekside Teacher Tales. Her county uses the simplified green, yellow, red of the stop light theme. You'll be so excited when you go to her blog and read about her "Praise Its" and how she uses them with her students. 

photo of: Creekside Teacher Tales Behavior Chart (Behavior Chart RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach)

Here's one final behavior management system. This one comes from "All Students Can Shine." There are complete instructions from Valerie in this article on how she uses this system in her first grade classroom setting. 

photo of: All Student's Can Shine Behavior Management Chart (from Behavior Chart RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach)

++++COWABUNGA...... this just in! Here's a beauty using a 'surfin' theme -- appropriately created by brilliant Corinna at Surin' Through Second. People you just have to go to the article here to see how she made-over The. Ugliest. Teacher. Desk. Ever. I promise you'll be glad you did! 

photo of: Behavior Chart on Surf Theme (Behavior RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach)

Are you in the mood in use technology in your system? If so you'll really want to check out Kristen's review and enthusiasm over using Class Dojo over on her blog "I Do, We Do, You Do" as to how she is implementing it in her room. She has parental enthusiasm and communicates outcomes weekly with home. This is her reward chart and she has it offered as a freebie directly from her blog



I know that the vast majority of traffic that I receive is via Pinterest. I'm always thrilled to give you permission and incentive to pin from my blog. Today is the final day this month to enter to win a set of my picture books. Add a Pin-URL to the comments section of this earlier article and you'll be entered! Easy Peasy and with only 15 earlier entries this month --the odds are in your favor! The contest goes live every month on the 13th and stays open for a week. Drawing random number generated winner on the 20th. 

I asked each of these contributing authors for their permission to use the image from their blog and as you can see I have given attribution of their photo in the border. They, too, would LUV for you to pin their image!! 


Follow Me on Pinterest

I'm getting really close to 60,000 followers on Pinterest! 
Have you seen + entered yourself in my popular Pinterest directories for teachers?
They are housed permanently up in the tab at the top of my blog. 
You're gonna LUV all the resources available + cataloged now by interest level. 

-- Debbie -- 

***NOTE FROM THE FUTURE***
NEW BTS BULLETIN BOARD COLLECTION!!
THE Collection of over 200 Back-to-School Bulletin Boards at RainbowsWithinReach


Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com

 I now have a store open at Teachers Pay Teachers. I am uploading my original songs into zipped files with Mp3 versions of my music.

6 comments:

  1. Just saying hi from being sick in bed! ;)

    I LOVE all of the different options for the behavior charts!

    Michelle
    Apples and ABC's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope that you're feeling better by now, Michelle. It's fun to see all of the variations.

      Debbie

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the shout out Deb!! I love seeing all these great ideas in one place!!

    Aloha,
    Corinna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walk in some sand for me, Corinna! Thanks for your contribution. Sweet of you to stop by. Thanks!!

      Debbie

      Delete
  3. Wonderful ideas to share! Thanks so much!! I'm happy to be your newest follower!
    Growing Firsties!
    My Thirty One Giveaway ends tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, Thanks so much for the follow and for the kind comment.

      Keep those Firsties Growing!
      Debbie

      Delete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...