Monday, September 17, 2012

Natural Fall Mandala with Maple Leaves

photo of: Mandala with Fall's Maple Leaves in Color (via RainbowsWithinReach)

~~NATURE WALK~~
Evidence of change in the air. 
Gathering colors.
Appreciating the contrast: 
**GRATITUDE**
Breathe. Breathe. Breathe. 

Taking myself on a walk today the abrupt change between yesterday's glorious sun and today's brisk nip in the air is amazing. Spins my head. I have been watching a series of Maple trees in front of the library. Five mature trees. One has already turned colors and has dropped 80% of its leaves. The other four are still completely green. This kind of variation in nature fascinates me..... not unlike a group of five people you meet. Response to the seasons is individual. So is learning. 

photo of: Evidence of Fall's First Colors

I gathered up a handful of glorious colors to savor at home. Combining them with yesterday's rocks was soothing. Respectful of the change in the air. Watchful of further change in store. Keep a keen watch on your surroundings and mark the season's transition with your own introspection, reflection and observation. Then quilt the evidence. 
My recipe:
-12 colorful leaves
-7 delightfully flat rocks
- little whispy wheat-like weeds
- one cheerful yoga mat
- a playful spirit 
- time 


photo of: Fall Mandala Fun at RainbowsWithinReach

This type of exercise would be such a simple, inexpensive appreciation with your children. Take some digital pictures for me. Email them over here and I'll add them to this post. I'd LUV to see what you come up with! 

-- Debbie -- 

2 comments:

  1. Debbie - love this post. I'm doing a Kindergarten presentation this Fall on Mandalas. Using our Fall leaves as you've suggested will be a fun experience for them, too. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome!! Glad that you found some inspiration here. I'd LUV to see what you come up with!

      Debbie

      Delete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...