Monday, January 2, 2012

Reggio Emilia Tour Continues

photo of: Handwriting benefits, fine motor development in children, early literacy, Italy

Welcome back to my 'retro-Reggio-tour'
Join me as we take a quick look through two different, brand-new, nationally run programs in Reggio Italy.

I was fortunate enough to have one day to 'tour' two different programs in Reggio. They were nearly an hour's drive apart. An ocean away from the programs I consider home. It's awesome to contemplate the similarities between the programs I visited on this spring day In Reggio and US sites where I am invited. It's awesome to see the similarities!!!


Isn't it fun to see how we all use hand-print and handprint art as a foundational springboard for Arts exploration? This time the handprints are collaborating to make a map of Italy! The map is obviously a cooperative project of 'mature' hands.

Here's a look at wee little Italian finger-paintings. I dare say, you'd be hard pressed to identify children's finger painting in the USA versus those in Italy or those in Australia or Chile. I know that these are 'reggio-finger-painting' explorations because of the Italian labels above the finished work.

If you're on a scavenger hunt searching for handprint projects, click here for my recent post on COLOR THEORY --  the coolest idea since sliced bread from NY.


Or this click will take you to my Top 10 viewed idea on handprint snowflakes.




Tomorrow I've got a peak at some of the Reggio children's Art portfolios.
Must pull them together. Sweet covers with just a quick glimmer inside.

1 comment:

  1. More paint! I can see that I'm not the only one crazy about paint ;). Thanks for linking up over at PreKandK Sharing today!

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...