Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Handprint Snowflakes Bulletin Board!!!!


We've been talking about "HANDPRINT ART" over at the PreK + K Sharing blog, our collaborative blogging effort where Joanna Davis is our resident Fine Arts authority. She just wrote a great article on the positive power of the handprint, click here to read her insight. When I saw this bulletin board of work I seriously smiled out loud!!! I knew she's be in handprint-heaven to see this display.

These "Unique as a Snowflake"  masterpieces were part of my observations last week --during my 2 day residency author/illustrator tour through the Binghamton NY area. These lovelies, treasures for a lifetime, were part of the delight during my noon-time road-show, within a road-show tour -- when we went hopping from building-to-building for me to sing my children's songs with the itty-bits in some of the out-lying centers.



LUV-LUV-LUV this idea!! Grannies everywhere will want one from their WonderPeeps!!! [Trust me, I'm an absolute authority on what grandmas treasure.] This is a prime example. This is one of those 'can't-miss' crowd pleasers. Teachers & mommies, I'm speakin' to YOU! Captures a moment in time forever. With the paint thick enough you almost feel like you can hold that little hand ETERNALLY!!!

I feel so fortunate to get to travel in and out of so many different buildings. I LOVE getting to make school visits!!!! I feel so fortunate that my children's songs have taken me on these amazing journeys!!!! I am the poster child for 'do-what-you-love' and amazing opportunities will arise!!!!! I go where I get invited and then I get to share with you, my readers -- the sights I see, the smiles, the sweetness hanging on the walls. I'm a lucky-lady!

Now go you forth and make keepsakes for your families. I think they'd also be awesome with some metallic silver paint on some metallic paper (perfect for a Martha Stewart-style universe.) Don't forget the glitter!! ENJOY!!!

[I added this post to a linkie party over here at BSN's Community Blog hop. I can't seem to get the button to load properly, but if you click right here, you'll get into the loop!!]

I added this to Show and Tell Saturday as well! (Why oh Why can't I get the buttons to load?)
I've gone on to add this post to Living Montessori Now and their Monday link-up!
Now this post is at Toys in the Dryer, too!!!
Here's the link to Sundae Scoop linky party.
Here's the link to No Time for Flash Cards. Linky Party.
Here's the hop over at Thrify Thursday.

How COOL that we are having our very first linkie party over at our new collaborative blog, "PreK+K Sharing" and I've been able to get this post linked up!!! You've simply GOT to see all of the articles on painting, the value of paint!!! Just click right on our orange button and it will take you to a growing encyclopedia of ideas!

PreK + K Sharing

10 comments:

  1. oh be still my heart! i LOVE these...i see handprint snowflakes in my kiddos' future ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. JOANNA!!!! You 'found' this post within the first hour of it going live. I thought I'd have to email you the link: LOL!!!

    I knew that this would really meet your standards for a successful handprint extravaganza!!!! I seriously SQUEELED when I saw it -- on your behalf. Fun!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, these are very creative.
    I am a new follower from the BSN Tis the Season Hop,http://babyfeetandpuppybreath.blogspot.com/
    Hope you can stop by and follow me back, I really need Facebook LIKE's because I recently had to change my page. Thanks and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for the snow to come!!! And handprints just warm my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Kelly!!! I'm glad that you found me! I just LUV the linkie-love. What's the name of your FB page?

    Deborah: I had a feeling you'd get a smile from this display of sheer-joy. Thank you for letting me share it with your wider audience.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. today was our first day of actual snowfall...that stayed on the ground! The kids had so much fun playing in the snow! I was just thinking of changing our bulliten board from our autumn handprints to a more "snowy" handprints! We might just have to try this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A new take on snowflake crafts! love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE handprint art! And these are such a great idea for a winter activity! I pinned this to my Kids' Winter Activities Pinterest board at http://pinterest.com/debchitwood/kids-winter-activities/

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE these!! I also love that we cam make these ALL winter long!! I'm going to Pin these for Winter Activities! Thanks for sharing at Thrifty Thursday!! Hope you had a fantastic Holiday Season!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for linking up to the PreKandK Sharing We LOVE Paint linky party!

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...