Friday, January 20, 2012

Snow People LUV!!!

What's not to like about snowmen?
Or in this politically correct era: Snow People?

Here's a collage of some delightful 'people-of-the-snow' from the hallways of Gator Run Elementary. [Yes!!! I'm still documenting that amazing day. My heart is still all warm 'n fuzzy from all of da LUV packed into my 'Author-in-the-Schools' visit. Did ya read my earlier, oh-so-sweet post about the "Rainbow Child" and our time together? I'm still thinking about that interaction and the impact teachers have on their students.]

photo of: snowman art project, kindergarten snowman, snowman bulletin board

LUV me those buttons!!!!
LUV me those smiles!!!!!!

Now granted, these snow-people are from children in southern Florida. I heard on the news last night that 35 years ago there was indeed actual, factual snow in southern Florida..... but my guess is that most of these children have not had first hand experience with packing and rolling snow. Just a guess.

Last week I also had a school visit to PREschool, my second VPK in Florida!!
Look at these BEAUTIES!!!!
Hand painted at the easel!



So few things I LUV more than children's artwork.

Look at the amazing diversity of these YOUNG children's interpretations.

I learned that these paintings were created in response to the picture book,
"Snowmen at Night."

My dear friend, Mary Jo Huff, nationally known story-teller and amazing power-house of an individual, was just talking about this very same book in her article over at PreK +K Sharing, our new and ever-so-amazing collaborative blog. Click right here to see her references and to get the link to Steve Spangler's snow concoction to connect the dots between snow + science + literacy + Arts!

**** Yes, of course I have a Pinterest board on all things "Snow People" since I have a song by that name on my second album. Click right here to go to my ever growing 'board' of all things connected to snowy day people making. There's a snowman pizza that would be super fun!

Amy's got a linkie over at Child Central Station and I linked my article to the other ideas accumulating over there.

++++++++Now I'm happy to get this article linked up over at our collaborative blog, PreK+K Sharing, for our very first hosted LINKY PARTY on ALL THINGS Paint and PAINTING!!!! Click on the button below to be taken directly to the article amassing amazing ideas on painting with children.
PreK + K Sharing

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up to the PreKandK Sharing We LOVE Paint linky! I love the variety of interpretations for the snowmen at the easel!

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...