Monday, December 26, 2011

New Years Resolution Preview

These days to wind up the year are golden in my life. 
As long as I can remember this has been a week of 'vacation.' A week of hibernation. A week of reflection. A week of planning. A week of joy. Pure gold.

All through school and then college, and then teaching and even now -- as a small business owner (author/illustrator/music-lady) this has been a week of break. A week of vacation. A week of reflection. Finals complete. No papers to write. No presentations to make. Choose an era. This week has always been filled with a 'break-from-routine.'

All of the memories of the celebration captured in my heart. Some years had movie-marathons in pajamas. Other years there were fires in the fireplace after watching the girls ice skating on the backyard skating rink. A couple of adventures to warmer climates. Always a week to look forward to, to ponder, to savor, to restore + rejuvinate.


DeLorean Time Capsule: Noelle + Sarah Olympic preparation

So here we are again. 
The presentations are complete. The concerts are finished.
A week of pure gold!!
Now it's a week of planning.
A week of looking forward.
A week of consideration.
A week of goal-setting.
A week of resolve. 

I've learned so much in the past several months about the world-of-blogging.
It's going to be fun to move into a whole new year with an infant set of new skills, willing to grow.

So what will my resolve for this new year involve?

This week, TODAY, I have begun my next picture book!!!!!!!!
It seems reasonable to think that I could get one quilt per month accomplished.
Sixteen months = sixteen quilts = thirty-two pages = one picture book.

While I sit here with the potential of every possibility hovering brightly.........

How about some more specifics:
  • Be grateful, be appreciative, express thanks!
  • Look at my day from a "pinning-perspective"
  • Write my blog posts from a 'resource' perspective
  • Drink more water (aim for increasing intake weekly)
  • Eat more 'whole' foods: read VEGGIES
  • Put more snail mail into mail-boxes
  • EXERCISE: be diligent, be ruthless, dare I say, "Just do it!"
  • Follow up with seeds planted: make more lists
  • Take more pictures!!!!! Get some clip-art! Put it together!!!
  • GET MY NAEYC PROPOSAL IN ON TIME!
  • Connect to more bloggers, more cyber resources, continue to learn
  • Contribute to our collaborative "PreK+K Sharing"
That's my Debbie's Dozen Resolutions
I've gotten into this list-making mood, prompted by a linkie-party!!!
It's taken HUGE HUGE HUGE amounts of risk growth, to put this out there for the whole world.

Pop over to "Live, Love, Laugh Everyday in Kindergarten" to see what others are planning. 

That's the motivation of the linkie party!
I've also added this to the Blog-a-holic Janurary Linkie party!!

Shhhhhhhh. Don't tell, but my lucky thirteen is to open a 'store' at Teacher's Pay Teachers.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! Just Do It...I love it! :-)
    Live Love Laugh Everyday In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're quite welcome, Tammy. I'm grateful for the invitation. I "just did it" this morning at Aerobics class!!! Give me a gold star!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are very goal minded. And make it a baker's dozen by taking some time for rest and reflection! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...