Sunday, December 25, 2011

Missin' My WEE Wonders

This is my first Christmas to be geographically apart from my Wonder-peeps. Needless to say, I've been missin' them like crazy all day. I probably didn't need to tell you that, did I?

With the powers of Skype we were able to 'scrumble' each other through the computer screen -- which is no where near as much fun as scrumbling in person. (I probably didn't need to spell that one out either, did I?)

To keep myself busy I decided to spend time searching thru photos.


This is probably the point where you chuckle to yourself and say something profound like, "The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, now does it?" Fun times, indeed!!! Could these people be related to me? Ya think?

While I'm reflecting on my family, strewn across the entire country.... I'm proud to report that I remembered to take pictures just days ago when we gathered together in Georgia with my parents, sister Rebecca's family and Noelle + Zac (our daughter & SIL.) I'm going to include those snaps for my immediate family's enjoyment. Feel free to look over my shoulder while I get them organized here in my scrapbook.

Mom, Dad, Zac, Noelle, moi + Allen

Dad, Mom, Zac, Ramon, Noelle, Justin + Kelly

Do you remember that my niece Kelly married the dashing Ramon this summer? That's my nephew Justin, Kelly's brother -- home with us this season from his teaching responsibilities in Portugal. So this photo showcases 3 of my parents 5 grandchildren -- on the couch -- and the two adoring spouses perched behind their leading ladies.


Most of the above plus sister Rebecca, Allen is photographer
Justin + introducing Joana

The timing of this extended family rendez-vous was centered around our having the opportunity to meet Joana. At the time that I took this photo, I was still sworn to secrecy. At this moment everyone but Joana was aware that Jusin had an engagement ring in his pocket and was about to pop the proverbial question. They met in Joana's home country of Portugal -- and this was Joana's first trip stateside. Her English is amazing, which is terrfic, since our Portugese is non-existent. She was doing well to keep up with all of the who's whos, let alone the family antics. She's from a small family.
Everyone from above plus Dale, my BIL, front right happy smile.
Wallace family, not making traditional bunny ears, but rather reindeer antlers

What finer American 'institute' to introduce Joana to than Cracker Barrel?
Justin, Noelle, Kelly, Joana, Zac (photo-shop Ramon into snap)
All of us were acting as though we had swallowed the proverbial canary..... it was so hard to keep from smiling tooooooo brightly, since we were all 'in' on Justin's secret. I'm happy to report that she said "YES" and I am now at liberty to share 'the rest of the story' here with my extended family. Happy times!!!!

The blessings of the season are profound. The depth + true meaning of the season are amplified thru the prism of being with and being separated from those that we love. Go scrumble someone that you have within arm's length.... and then be very grateful that you can.

Here's a 'review' photo from last Christmas, when we had both daughters, both SILs AND the WonderPeeps all together in one spot. This is the most recent 'Four Generation' photo that we have. A true treasure!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...