Friday, December 16, 2011

Children's Painted Fish-scape


Are you ready for a happy surprise?
You know I LUV children's artwork. You know I LUV bright colors. By now you also know I LUV patterns. So take a look at these beauties that I photographed yesterday. I can't wait for the 'big-reveal.' I can't wait to share where these gorgous masterpieces are 'hanging'. I can't wait to show you. Honestly. I seriously don't think that you could guess. Probably not in a million years would you come up with the right answer.

I'll just tell you that these original beauties are NOT in a school building -- they are not hanging neatly on a bulletin board in a hallway in a busy elementary school. NOPE.


I will warn you right now -- I don't know the age of these artists.

Here's a couple close-ups.



I'll tell you that I was in New Smyrna Beach, Florida at the time.

These gorgous wonders are a community 'mural' of sorts.

Are you ready?

What possibilities have you dreamt up?

I'll give you another clue.

Community 'mural' in a public place.

Ready...............................................

Set.................................................

Pull back the curtain.......................................................

Reveal.................................................................................



Tell me the truth!

In your wildest dreams, would you have guessed that these students painted their original creations onto the concrete support columns to a major underpass?

This is a VERY busy intersection. While I was taking the photos there were dozens and dozens and dozens of cars that passed, waited initially for a stop sign and then a block later waited for the red light. Think of the number of people who pass this 'mural' on a daily basis. Think of the number of people who have an opportunity to take a quick course in Art Appreciation 101.

There are twelve columns supporting that bridge...... that's a lotta fish!!!!!! That's a pretty brilliant Art teacher to pull this together. Aren't you curious? So many unanswered questions. I searched and searched for some sort of 'marker' with details, but I have no details to share -- yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...