Monday, January 25, 2010

Talented Gifted Friend

This has been a big day. I met with my oncologist this afternoon. His office is across town. I drove there ALL BY MYSELF!! So, I am officially driving again!! (And the trip over & back has totally wiped me out. Totally and completely.) But before I was willing to say 'uncle' we went over to Sarah's house to love up on the grand peeps and share a pizza. Being there for such a brief time was both wonderful & heart-breaking at the same time. WonderBoy was able to grasp that he needed to give me some space, but da babeez wanted me to be my usual playful self. The gap in what I could do with them was so dramatic and really did wrench my heart.

But back to the onc visit. He's given me his thumb's up, all clear..... head to FL blessing. Whooohooooo!!! So we're taking that opportunity to get outta Dodge, head for the sunshine and we're thinking thru our departure.

Now, back to the graphic image above. This was created by one of my fellow Wittenberg University, art major friends, Patricia Saxton. She has been creating a series of graphic images for a series she's entitled: "52 Weeks of Peace." I suggested she might do something for breast cancer and voila -- we are week #22 in her series. I am so totally over-whelmed.

Here's what she wrote on her blog:

“Debbie’s Peace”
I designed this week’s peace sign in particular honor of a friend of mine whose positive, effervescent spirit shines everywhere she goes. It’s the rare individual who radiates her kind of light and blatant enthusiasm for life ~ the kind of person who unwittingly causes you to pause and embrace life right along with her. And because she recently came through a second cancer surgery – with flying colors and a good report - she’ll be able to keep on shinin’.
For my friend, this piece is a celebration of life.

In her honor, “Debbie’s Peace” is dedicated to all the courageous survivors – as well as to the memory of those who battled and lost. And hopefully this small offering will serve as another reminder for all of us to give our support and fervent hope towards finding a cure.

1 comment:

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...