Sunday, January 10, 2010

Author Visit & Extension




Here I am with my very mature kindergartners and I am sharing with them my finished book and the fabric quilts which make up its illustrations. We discuss how they are the same & how they are different. The actual quilts are larger in real life than the book illustrations, for one difference that most can discern.

We then begin to play the pattern-card game that was designed by my dear artsy friend, Candace Mazur Darmen. Each child receives a set of 6 laminated pattern cards that they play by exchanging cards with a procession of partners. The final set of partners combine their cards and build designs together on the floor. Language acquisition, group dynamics, listening skills, geometry. You name it it's all here & they love playing!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...