Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Talented Friend #2 Tribute


The Color Pink






Speaking of talented friends..... I am just emerging sufficiently from my anesthesia-induced fog to remember another tribute made for me personally earlier this month, which will benefit a wider audience of parents & children. [How long are you guys going to let me use this: anestheia/pain/BC as an excuse? I think I'll need at least another week or two to be held responsible for things. LOL.]

The slideshow above was created by my fellow early-childhood blogger, also named Deborah Jo! We met earlier this fall at NAEYC and bonded over our names. Deborah had just invited me to author a post on her blog, when I was in the midst of awaiting the initial pathology report. So that effort was put on hold, but in the meantime Deborah created this little 'dittie' (and you know I use that term with the greatest of fondness)to help children address a serious issue.

At the time of her creativity I think that I thanked her. I am sorry for the 'slowness' with which I share her kindness and talent with the rest of you.

(I am allowed to say "I'm sorry" when in fact it was something under my control. When there are things that I can not control, I am learning not to say "I'm sorry" as a response, no matter how knee-jerk my response is initially. There are many things that are too unfortunate to be true, but my personally saying "I'm sorry" is not genuinely applicable, because I am not 'responsible' for the situation. I'm learning to say things like, "I want you to know that I care about what you're going through, right now.")

OK. Enough of delving into my psyche. We're leaving for FL TODAY!!!

4 comments:

  1. SWEET, sweet sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie,
    You are always so gracious - I am very pleased and proud to have you as a new friend.

    Thank you for sharing the song - I have shared it with many others as well and have recieved very thoughtful responses. You inspire everyday through this song and the person you are:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way - great job on the embedding:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE this blog.
    Faithie, you've got talented friends too :)

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...