Friday, February 22, 2013

Winter Wonderland: Fine Motor Friday #46

photo of: Fine Motor Leads to Fine Arts Part 46 via RainbowsWithinReach


FINE MOTOR FRIDAY!! 
It's Friday. Are you doing the Friday happy dance?
We're ready for the 46th edition of my continuing series.
----------------------------- 
I'm got some clever marshmallow fun for your fingers.
You'll need a Styrofoam cup and lots of mini-mallows.
Don't forget the glue!
Think tundra. 
Think igloo.
Think pincer-grasp. 
photo of: Preschool Winter Project: Igloo with Marshmallows via RainbowsWithinReach (Fine Motor Friday #46)
Fine Motor Fun with Marshmallows

Look what I saw recently. These fingers were hard at work at the Childhood League Center -- the site of my very first professional contract. I was hired in 1979 as a "Resource Teacher." This is where I started. I provided art and music experiences for young children with special needs. I also wore every other 'extra hat' that was needed in this small, private center. It was the best training I could ever receive! Over time I was promoted into administrative responsibilities -- which led to my eventual transition to launching my own company:: Rainbows!

Decades later the center is in a new building, still serving children. Still filled with excellence at every corner. Take a look at these fingers hard at work. 

photo of: Marshmallows and styrofoam cup make a winter igloo via RainbowsWithinReach

Much of the US is currently socked in with the latest snow storm. I was able to fly out before the big accumulations mounted and have landed again in our adopted snowbird state of FL. These little igloo sculptures would be fun -- regardless of your location. Look at all of this fine motor development taking place under the banner of 'look-what-I'm-doing!!' 

photo of: Marshmallows and styrofoam cup make a winter igloo via RainbowsWithinReach

photo of: Fine Motor Friday: Igloo Sculptures via RainbowWithinReach

Here's a little glimpse at the conclusion of our recent fun together. 
Oh happy day!
Photo of: Debbie Clement on a school visit
Look at the photo that landed on my FB fanpage this morning! 

Speaking of winter, marshmallows and fine motor development..... here's another fun exploration. 
Yes. Those are pretzel sticks for the arms! Clever. Clever. Clever. 

These were on a winter bulletin board display in the neighboring county. 

photo of: Marshmallow snowmen on Fine Motor Friday at RainbowsWithinReach #46


Here's a couple of oh-so-glorious MELTED snowmen that 'remain' from media exploration with young fingers. These were made in the 'toddler-room' at the Center and were proudly on display. How cute are the snowman remnants? 


photo of: Melted Snowmen Media Exploration at RainbowsWithinReach

Each one makes me smile just a little more. What a brilliant mixture of 'process' and open-ended art concluding with a delightful product for the refrigerator.


photo of: Melted Snowmen Media Exploration at RainbowsWithinReach


photo of: Melted Snowmen Media Exploration at RainbowsWithinReach



photo of: Melted Snowmen Media Exploration at RainbowsWithinReach

As I type, hubby is driving us to Leesburg, FL where I have the responsibility of giving the KEYNOTE tonight for the state-wide UMAP conference. It's an early childhood retreat at a church camp! Talk about going back to my roots!! Have a great weekend. I know I will. That's my plan. 


-- Debbie -- 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...