Wednesday, February 20, 2013

UpCycled Snow People Sculpture



SNOW PEOPLE

How cute are these little characters? In real time I am waving good-bye to the snow and winter-wind of the still so very frozen mid-west. My daughter is well on the road to recovery from her most recent surgery. I've hugged my WonderPeeps good-bye and slatered them with Scrumble-Kisses. I am in fact winging my way south -- returning to the sand, sun and palm trees of our adopted snowbird state of Florida. Bring it on!

This little snow family was created by my very own set of wonders at an evening of 'church friends.' So WonderBoy and the Twinzees each had the opportunity to make their own. 

Do you just LUV LUV LUV the stove-pipe hats? Think recycling. Think pudding containers!! Think lots of fun. A little imagination makes these buddies similar, but not the same. You can tell they belong to each other. Its a family of snow-people! 

The trick is to have plenty of do-dads and jimmy-jinks for the embellishment part of the creative process! Buttons, baubles, pom-poms, fabric-bit-for-a-scarf and of course the piece de resistance: WIGGLY EYES! 

Here's a delightful winter-rhyme that is brilliant for number play that I just saw up here on my Author/Illustrator school visit while in the tundra. 



Wonder what the airport will be like in the midst of yet more snow? 
Think good thoughts for my travel. 
I have a keynote to deliver on Friday! 


-- Debbie -- 

Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com
Yes! I have a store!!
Please follow my little store over at Teachers Pay Teachers to get the latest new on my conversion of my songs to Mp3 format with support material. Are you ready to think about spring and metamorphosis? I am!!! I have some seriously big new in the wings. 

photo of: Tadpole to Frog Metamorphosis through Song and Fine Motor Supplemental Pages (from RainbowsWIthinReach)
Polly the Pollywog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...