Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Dr. Seuss Projects RoundUP


Dr. Seuss birthday is just around the corner. 
Any excuse to celebrate reading is a good excuse in my 'book.' 
Dr. Seuss work is often the threshold for the beginning reader.
The portal to new adventures. 
Let's celebrate!! YEAH: Seuss and rhyme and repetition. 

What a fun library door welcome below. 
A mixture of favorites: I'm ready to prowl the shelves! 


As an author/illustrator of children's picture books, I LUV LUV LUV to see projects in response to the classics.
This is the perfect time to round-up some goodies to share and inspire your fun over the weeks ahead. 

These simple painted hand-print "Things" 
(both Thing 1+ Thing 2) 
were decorating the elementary school door frame during one of my school visits. 
CLASSIC. SIMPLE. SMILES. 
Are you a Thing One or a Thing Two?


photo of: Dr. Seuss Chart of Favorite Books by Vote (via Seuss RoundUP at RainbowsWithinReach)
Chart Voting for Student's Favorite Dr. Seuss Book
Of all the decorated classroom doors that I've ever seen -- this one surely must win an award of some sort. Graphics: beautiful. Simplicity: you got it. Message: right on target! "I know that book!" 

photo of: Classroom Door Decoration for Dr. Seuss book The Lorax
Classroom Door Decoration: The Lorax by Dr. Seuss 

photo of: Dr. Seuss Bulletin Board details for The Lorax picture book

Here are a couple of 'Apples up on Top' features that I had back during back-to-school time. The first for the ubber-youngs. The bulletin board was in kindergarten in Florida. 

Apples up on Top Head Topper




Here's an even YOUNGER exploration of 'Green Eggs and Ham' thru open-ended Art fun. Awesome way to connect the book to its expansion -- making the whole reading experience that much more memorable and interactive! 


This bulletin board is from the way-back machine, but will never tire for its smile generating capability. I LUV the stripes in all of their individual simplicity. Real work, by real kids. Displayed as they have created it. AWESOME! Just the way I like it! 


Here's me at an earlier celebration of Dr. Seuss. All of the students dressed in red and sported striped Cat-in-the-Hat toppers. This photo was taken when the first class arrived. The gym ended up being filled to the gills with students and striped hats. Oh happy day, indeed! 


Here's my UBBER awesome RoundUP for Seuss from NEXT year. 
Some awesome 'NEW' ideas and projects,
bulletin boards and an additional decorated door. 

Seuss RoundUP of Creative Ideas: Classroom Doors and Charts at RainbowsWithinReach


-- Debbie --

*** I am now an 'Amazon Affiliate' which means when you click from my blog to go shopping, you are supporting my retirement account! I've done some window shopping and gathered a LOT of Seuss goodies! 

 

This is such a universally celebrated event, I'm certain that my fellow bloggers have cataloged great ideas at their own cyber-spots. I'm going to make this one a linkie to house lots more ideas here. Please link up. It's really the best etiquette then, to give a back link here to my little cyber-spot from your article. 

I will make the hop such that you can import the html and help host it at your own  blog, if you are so inclined. Let the good times roll!


4 comments:

  1. I always love seeing the inspiration you share from schools around the country, Debbie! Thanks so much for hosting the blog hop. I linked up and pinned your post to my Dr. Seuss Unit Study Board at http://pinterest.com/debchitwood/dr-seuss-unit-study/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the best. A pin from by you is a real blessing for readership, Deb. All the best and thanks a gazillion!

      Debbie

      Delete
    2. Totally Agree Debbie! A pin from Deb can be amazing! She has always been so helpful!!!

      Delete
  2. I love the TEN APPLES UP ON TOP bulletin board! Very cool! Visiting from the blog hop! We can't wait for March 2!

    If you need another linky to list your post -- stop by mine as we Countdown to Dr. Seuss's birthday at: http://www.happybirthdayauthor.com/2013/01/countdown-to-dr-seusss-birthday.html

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...