Sunday, February 10, 2013

Patriotism, President's Day + "Red, White and Blue"


President's Day is just around the corner. 
So is Valentine's Day. 
Hearts-a-plenty! 
Wouldn't that idea look great on your bulletin board?
I saw them just recently in Friendswood, Texas 
on my Author/Illustrator visit there.

In first grade one of the teachers created an immediate writing assignment for her students. 
[Oops:Their responses ended up in FL and I'm in OH. I'll have to photograph their writing/drawing combos and share the outcome sometime off in the future.] 

Simple Patriotic Writing Prompt
They are the perfect 'craftivity' to underscore the quilted artwork in my newest picture book, 
"Red, White and Blue." 


I had a recent article where kindergarten classrooms used my picture book as the basis for their Project Based Learning approach to all things America.
Talk about RIGOR!!!


Just in time for President's Day, 
I now have my song and its support materials available as an instant download in digital format, 
as zipped files including Mp3's of song + instrumental,
and pdf's of sign language and music notation. 

You are welcome to shop in my little digital stores at 
Teachers Pay Teachers 
or our very own Early Education Emporium

Here's a pile of Valentine's hearts ready for personalization.
I saw them at the end of last week on my Author-Illustrator visit in Ohio. 
They will have a pencil added for a treat. 


This week promises to be festive in every way. 
Here's to all sorts of hearts: patriotic + Valentine, too!!

Did you see these amazing woven hearts I was given last year in FL? 
Simple materials and open-ended process. 

What an incredible outcome! 
Click back to this earlier article to get all of the info and see some getting underway. 

photo of: "Dream Catchers" Woven with Kinder-Luv as Gifts for Debbie Clement of RainbowsWithinReach

My February article over at our collaborative blog PreK+K Sharing
featured quite a few additional Valentine's ideas. 

This one is a home-to-school project. 


My favorite Valentine's Day Art project is housed over at PreK+K Sharing
via our "Painted Paper" author. 
She spells out the directions with enough specifics to create your own master-piece work of collaboration. 


And just today, we have a brand new project being featured there --
all about positive and negative space.
Go see what all of the fuss is about..... from Our Arts Lately fame.



I'll leave you with this Valentine's Day Bulletin Board.



-- Debbie --
This post was added to The Educator's Spin On It Link-up

3 comments:

  1. You are incredible. Every time I visit your blog, I am so impressed by the creativity, color, beauty, and richness exhibited. Thank you for sharing wonderful resources!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind-heart and support. It means the world to me. I need to pop over and see what you're all about.

      Debbie

      Delete
  2. Hi, I just happened to link to your blog while on Pinterest. I was wondering if a printable of the personalized valentine hearts (as mentioned above) is available. I would love to use these next year ... Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...