Monday, March 5, 2012

F is for Fish Bulletin Boards (Part 2)

Yesterday I shared a little blog-article here with thoughts of all things "Fish" in children's work --  as it's been displayed onto Bulletin Boards -- from the southern reaches of sunny FL.

Then I realized I had taken some pictures back at the end of last year, during my two day residency up in New York that have been waiting ever so patiently to see the light-of-day. Today's "FELT FISH" are from my camera memory card during my "music-lady" visit to Johnson City, where I worked with the Head Start agency all across the county as part of their 'Right to Read' festivities. These beauties were on display upon my arrival as 'author/illustrator' and I'm so happy to share them now.


Take a closer look at these individual pieces of Art.
Each child has truly been immersed in their own efforts.
Some have had a hay-day with the glitter aspect, others not-so-much on the glitter.
Some have used every morsel of space, others less so.  

Over the last month I've been addressing the various issues of "process versus product" in children's Art and also the concept of allowing children their own independence in their work. I have been amazed and delighted with all of the comments and interaction on these topics!!

This is a lovely example of allowing the children the opportunity to DO THEIR OWN WORK!!! (You wouldn't think that it would be necessary for me to *scream* that in all capitals, but if you doubt that not every child is allowed that right, the right to independence in their own work -- just click back to the infamous Ice Cream feeee---as---co!)


I LUV the way these fish are displayed.
The bulletin board itself was covered with fabric of blue-water-esque waves!
Nice little attention to detail!
         What do these northern NY fish have in common with the southern fish of Florida?
Click here to see their bulletin board of LUV from my article here yesterday.  

G-L-I-T-T-E-R


While we're thinking about fish..........
Here's the link back to the tutorial on making a "Goldie Goldfish" puppet on a lunch sack.



Select this link to see the glorious children's aquatic paintings
displayed permanently on the public cement beams of a highway overpass.



I think lots of these fish-ideas could segway on to Dr. Seuss and the infamous,
"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish" themes.
Have fun with the catch-of-the-day!! 

BTW: I have a Pinterest board that I have labeled "A,B,C Rap" (after my song by that title.)
I put all of these sort of resources into that one Pin-board.
Click here to see OODLES of alphabet work over on Pinterest.

-- Debbie --

P.S. Just had another thought!
I had a recent blog post that featured
"F is for FELT FEET!"
Click here to go back to a celebration of 100 Days!

The felt-feet were used to count by five!!




1 comment:

  1. I love the fish crafts! I have a blog award for you...come and check it out!

    Michelle
    Apples and ABC's

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...