Wednesday, November 10, 2010

NAEYC Sixty Minutes



No. Not the TV show..... the amount of time in our workshop presentation. We went in with a plan. Five songs per performer x 2 performers = 10 songs divided by 60 minutes = 6 minutes per song, intro, sing-a-long, AND outro. We did it. In a whirl. In a whizz. In a splash. What we forgot to do was set up someone to take pictures. (Sarah where are ya when we need ya??) At the very last possible minute, I grabbed my camera and we got these couple of shots..... none of us together, at least not on my camera.

Meet Zak Morgan, of Zakland. Here he is with the promise: put something on your head, and you are automatically, 100% guarenteed more eye contact from preschoolers, than without that something on your head. His chorus about Johnny Appleseed, "I like apples and I like being free!" necessitated that I loan him my star headband from my earlier "Red, White and Blue."

The very scant-i-est of documentation that we were there. We sang. We danced. And there was JOY!! (That was in the title.) Sixty minutes is not a lot of time. It was like a whole lot of appetizers on fast-forward. I was delighted to get to participate. This was my seventh consecutive NAEYC workshop -- due to the generosity of Connie Dow realizing she couldn't be in two places at the same time. Next year is Orlando. Note to self: assign camera personnel ahead of time.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...