Monday, November 29, 2010

Giraffe "Junkies" Gravitate

Richmond KY: KYECE-KHSA. Yes. I am woefully behind on giving you glimpses into my whirling world. I'm finally caught up to our weekend in Kentucky, whew. November has been so very awesome, on so many levels, with big fun just around every corner. At this rate I may still be 'reporting' on November as the New Year flips its lid. LOL.

What I've noticed about giraffe "lovers" is that they are seriously committed to their animal. Pictured is my ramp-up day for KYECE and I have just gotten my bit of exhibit table organized. The new books are all stacked & gleaming and before I can click my heels, there's a children's librarian tapping me on the shoulder, "I need one of those." I begin to launch into my schpiel about it being a cumulative song, the sign language chart is included to support the text, yada yada, but she replies quite politely, "that's fine, I love giraffes." She's not the first giraffe lover to purchase the book without a second thought about what is included -- they just LOVE giraffes.

Isn't it amazing how the 'flotsom' that we love just jumps out at us? I can be in a crowded department store and from three rows over, in the middle of a bargain rack, stuffed with jumble and chaos.... my eye spots them: POLKA DOTS!!

Editor's note. As I type this post, in our car, headed east at 70 MPH, headed thru the Maryland 'mountains', it is 12:13 and the stereo system is featuring Billy Joel belting out "A New York State of Mind." ****There are times when life's screen play comes up with details that are so delicious that I'd never consider to orchestrate them on my own.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...