Saturday, November 20, 2010

P.S. From UTAH w LOVE!

Well. I saved this picture for the final NAEYC post-script, because it is the foreshadowing for next month's too-amazing-to-be-true saga. Here is one of the actual 'officers' of my fanclub. Sheila works at a Head Start organization in Utah. We first met years ago at a NAEYC presentation -- years back. I can't be held accountable for which one exactly, maybe she knows??? Sheila?? Well for years & years she has come to my presentations, or sent her fellow staff people or sometimes both. Every year we agree that I 'should' come out to her site in UTAH!!!

Well guess what folks?? This is the year that we make it happen. I am flying out to Cedar City, Utah on Dec. 9th to present to their entire staff for their staff development day on the 10th..... that's a pretty awesome pre-birthday present to me, don't ya think??

Sheila and all her pals have been an amazing island of continuity in the great rush & din that is NAEYC. It's been so delightful to have some familiar faces in the crowd. This summer they ordered a gazillion of my "Tall Giraffe" books. They just placed their order for a couple dozen copies of my "Red, White and Blue" so those have already arrived in anticipation of my arrival.

Are you ready for yet another bizarre twist, in the Debbie & Sheila story? She was diagnosed with Breast Cancer between last year's NAEYC hug and this years. Can you imagine the stupor on my face when she called to tell me that news? It's one-in-eight-women. So it's bound to effect some of my dearest friends as well. (I asked her if it was 'ok' that I 'out' her publicly & she agreed -- in the effort to remind all of our friends to be advocates for their well-being and health.)

My Utah whirlwind will unfold in a blink, as I have to get back here for a wedding, but folks keeping track -- that adds another state to my total of professional presentation sites, another notch to my belt. Sheila, get the state of Utah ready. I'm soooooo excited!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...