Monday, March 16, 2009

Feedback from Facebook

What a fortunate person I am to have work I love to do and an ever growing fanclub that gives me feedback and offers such encouragement in the process.

Returning home from this weekend's big roadtrip, I smiled to recieve this message on Facebook, from dear friend and the former director of BUMP (Bexley United Methodist Preschool) Mary Meyer: "Debbie - I wish you could have seen A.J. and me last night - we had all 6 grandchildren finding "kitchen" instruments and singing and marching at the top of our lungs, "The parade is marching down the street - we thought we were really Neat!!"

So of course I thanked her and asked if anyone had thought to take pictures of this three generation parade and here's Mary's response: "I have no pictures! so sorry - now everyone is back home, the North Carolina grandchildren left this morning. To continue the word on our parade - we marched and marched, then the 2 1/2 year old got tired of marching and sat down on the floor, so we all sat down and I sang "I can hear Julian, he must be close at hand, listen to Julian, he's playing in the band" then Julian got a chance to play solo. We had him call out the name of the next cousin as we sang on. THEN when it got to Noah, 8 yrs. old, he played a pattern for us to try - and we went around again imitating what the named child played. Honestly, we played for a good 20 - 30 minutes, the grandchildren range in age from 6 mos. to 10 years, and they all loved it. Even some of their parents found their own kitchen instruments to join in. So sorry we don't have pictures. "

How very amazing to sit here in my livingroom aware that a dear family has been marching and playing instruments in response to my song recorded nearly a decade ago..... making memories for each and all in the process. Kweeze me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...