Friday, October 9, 2009

Redleaf Press: Feb. 2011!!


We interrupt this marriage montage & monologue to ramble a bit about yesterday.

My life is frequently about balance: yin & yang, up & down, back & forth, light & dark, roller & coaster. Yesterday was a case in point. For approximately 23 months now, we have been inching closer & closer to a contract with Redleaf Press, regarding the exciting project combining Connie Dow's dance expertise with my recorded music. A series of emails & phone calls thru this summer indicated we were moving in the right direction. We had several remaining questions & our Redleaf contacts were able to schedule a conference call for yesterday morning.

What a great feeling to arise with the promise of this quantum leap. I spoke with daughter Sarah a minute after 9:00 and learned that WB went bounding into his preschool classroom with his greatest enthusiasm & confidence to date. Yahoo!! Happy smiles!!

At the stroke of 10:30 my cell phone rang again, this time with Redleaf's David Heath ready to connect us all to one another.... the midwest quartet: Kyra, David, Connie et moi.

YIPPEE!! The acquisitions committee has voted unanimously to move forward!! We barely get into the nitty gritty of how this project will unfold, when my call-waiting function starts beeping. Now I'm excited AND distracted. A second attempt to interrupt & then a third. I can see that it's Sarah's insistent phone number showing on the screen, while we are discussing marketing plans and website connections and all sorts of thrilling possibilities for the future.

Roller & coaster. I am hearing our arts advocate, David saying THE most superlative & supportive comments, while attempting not to guess what's happening in my voice mail. So I pace the house instead of taking very specific notes. I have managed to scribble down: 'mid-February, 2011' as the project's release date.... which sounds like several light years into the future of a Star Trek episode and 200 pages regarding their commitment to Connie's writing.

Tilt & whirl. As soon as we hang up the phone, but prior to my getting to complete my "happy dance" I hear that WB is en route to Urgent Care. Wow. Up & Down. Learning a grandchild is being rushed from Urgent Care to Children's Hospital puts everything keenly into focus and perspective. As monumental as a contract with Redleaf might be to me professionally, the health and safety of my family is paramount to mon joie d'vivre, mon raison d'etre.

The great good news is that our bright eyed WB is sent home after an exhaustive afternoon of tests. No, it's not his appendix. No surgery is warranted. More on the order of Castor oil & prune juice. All I can think is how many repeated mini-syllables are euphemisms for his topic of the day: doodoo, poopoo, kaka. We are all exhausted from the process but rejoicing at the news.

So we get that family back to their roof & me to mine, just in time to squeeze me into my control top pantyhose and spend the evening with our tribe of ballroom dance friends and the cha-cha. So I got to have my happy dance after all! We must depart that fun prematurely to arise @ 4:30 a.m. to get Allen off to the airport for his early earlybird flight. (Yes, my little life episodes are too "me" to make them up.)

****I have added the Redleaf website in my sidebar of resources..... I'm just 16.25 months ahead of their official kick-off. That time will disappear in the blink of an eye. I am on a trajectory to be the longest 'overnight success' ever documented.
****Who among you noticed that I have learned how to include 'hot links' in a post & please tell me that you are applauding my taking yet one more step forward? WhootWhoot!!

2 comments:

  1. entertaining, exciting, excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat!!!! It all came true. According to plan. It's the real deal!!!! Thanks for believing in me -- from the very beginning!

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...