Sunday, October 4, 2009

Perfect, Perfect Day


Where do I begin? How many posts will you be able to read about a wedding? About a glorious, amazing joining together of two families? Will you allow me a week or two of waxing on about the amazing event that has just transpired for our dear ones? I have so many stories to tell, so many images to share, so many emotions stored up in my heart that are over-flowing at the seams. In my utter deliriously happy exhaustion I am having trouble getting my photos to cooperate and upload properly, so you'll have to be patient. I am on Allen's laptop (I forgot to bring my silly power cord along..... and there's a whole new learning curve on this machine. I promise to share more once we are back in Ohio.)

But back to the most amazing day in recent memory. We awoke to crystal clear blue skies. To say the weather was perfect is to diminish the details of this day. October 4th in Annapolis history ranges between 50 & 70 degrees according to the farmer's almanac, but today was just the most gorgous of all gorgous days. A slight breeze blowing to keep all refreshed and a monarch butterfly that roamed the perimeter, harp music gracefully sailing out of a charmed gazebo structure, and lovely beautiful, beaming people smiling, hugging, and joining together as one.
Heart-felt joy in the air.


Our Denver daughter-in-law, Megan, took these pictures & captured the blue sky & gentle shadows created by the world of greenery in full leaf. In the second photo I have been called forward by the pastor to share a greeting written by my parents to the new bride & groom..... so that's me in my great dress, attempting to decide if I should face the wedding party or the 'congregation' or a little bit of both, which is apparently what I did in the end. I actually think that Megan has captured me squeezing my lips together, mid first paragraph, when I really got choked up & overcome with emotion. I took a couple of deep breaths, regrouped & got better as I continued down their epistle. I followed the groom's grandparent epistle, read by his mother. Did I mention the monarch? And the breezes? And the harp? And the hugging? It was pretty spectacular.

Approximately 804 more pictures are forthcoming: shoes, flowers, cake, rings, program, bubbles and a bird cage -- this could take a while. Get comfortable. First I must go pretend to sleep. Cinderella after the ball. Exhale. Smiling. Grateful.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. It is a very nice and good post. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you -- thank you!!
    I'm still pinching myself.

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...