Thursday, November 5, 2009

TODAY'S THE DAY!!!



THIS IS IT!!! I'm now a two-hit wonder!! It's way more than twice the fun of being a one-hit wonder. Whoooooohoooooo. I got home this evening from the retirement party at Action for Children (I'll have to share all of that tomorrow.) Allen walked in shortly after my arrival and with an enthusiastic grin, asked me to close my eyes. VOILA...... He was holding the special, over-nighted parcel that held two copies of my newborn book. It weighs in at 32 pages. Measuring 9 x 12 inches. It's HUGE!! It's real. It's a book. I've been turning & turning the pages for the last three hours.

I've called my sister. Remember, this has been a complete collaboration between the two of us. I've called my parents. They're as excited as children on Christmas Eve. I've squeeled all over Facebook. Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaa!

There's that one remaining little, bitty detail, about needing to have the single, CDs duplicated for the inclusion within the back cover. They are in the process of being replicated as I type. (I hope.) I don't leave for NAEYC for an entire 10 days. A lot can get accomplished in ten days right?? We just need the shipment of the books to arrive & the CDs to get duplicated AND the two to be assembled. Hmmmmmm. Who wants to meet me in DC and insert CDs into books? I'll have Noelle & Zac bake us some fresh cookies. Or we can just eat their cookie dough straight outta the bowl. Throw all caution to the wind! PARTY!!

At some point I'll no doubt have the actual art to share, but tonight in my enthusiasm, I've attempted to take physical pictures of the back cover so you can read what three completely impartial professionals have said. OK. So they're all three wonderful friends, but still it's thrilling to read their thoughts..... and even more thrilling to share them with you!!

Please leave a comment. Remember, you'll be entered into the Thanksgiving drawing. Gobble, gobble.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Yaaaaaay!!!! Congratulations on yet another great accomplishment!!! There's gonna be a whole lot of lucky wittle ones (and big ones) when they get their hands on that book!!! I want one...maybe two...maybe three....LOL

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...