Thursday, November 19, 2009

Driving into DC w/DC




I'm probably the last person on the planet that doesn't have GPS. What on earth makes me think that I can drive into our nation's capitol and get where I need to go?? It's amazing the sights you can see while driving into the city. I took these pictures, while driving my own car -- through the maze of unknown streets and pedestrians and messenger cyclists and metro buses. I only took pictures while I was stopped at red lights. I promise. Another observation: the street lights here are unbelievably small -- and positioned quite poorly IMO. Overall the signage leaves something to be desired..... but the skies were blue and I got myself safely to my palatial setting, a block from the convention center.

My favorite corner of the whole trip was 13 1/2 street. Seriously. Looks like another example of 13/12 to me.... or is it 12/13?? Made me laugh with abandon. It was one of those "God winks" that I'm privileged with on a regular basis. Helped me 'relax' in the wild traffic experience of the big city.

More to follow.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...