Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy Monday Music




Looking into these big bright eyes is the best way to start a new week. "Trust is job one" according to our Dr. Pam Schiller and these little ones trust me and WANT me to do the very same things, the very same songs, the very same way with every visit. So my way of building up their trust is to keep the structure of what we do EXACTLY the same -- from month to month. We start by warming up with the same songs, in the same order. Then we move on to our 'surprises'. This is my third visit for this year and of our four prop-based-surprise songs, I choose three of those four for every visit. OK. Let's be honest, they choose which three of the four we're going to do. Then, and only then (after our familiar-surprises) do I attempt to squeek something brand new & different into the mix. That's my way of building trust over time. It works for them, at two years of age. It works for me, too. I make it new and different in my mind by watching the children for today's antics and interactions within the routine. And those big shining eyes make all of the difference in my fun factor.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...