Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Self-Portrait Stripes in Kindergarten

photo of: "Bad Case of the Stripes" Kindergarten Response via RainbowsWithinReach

STRIPES? Did someone say stripes

In real time as this article is going 'live' via cyber-fairies, I am winging my way back to Texas for the third time in the past month. 

Thinking about Texas got me to thinking about my last visit there. 
Look at these amazing self-portraits thru the lens of a kinder-kaleidoscope. 
STRIPES!! 

photo of: "Bad Case of the Stripes" Kindergarten Response via RainbowsWithinReach

I've gone back into my memory card to share some goodies from my time with 
Michele Ayala of Kinder Fun.
I was in SOUTHERN Texas a couple weeks ago giving a seminar at South Texas college. 


photo of: "Bad Case of the Stripes" Kindergarten Response via RainbowsWithinReach

The blogging world has connected me to some VERY amazing people. 
A quick glance at these master-pieces is evidence of Michelle's directing her students in response to 
"A Bad Case of Stripes." 

photo of: Picture Book Response to "Bad Case of the Stripes" via RainbowsWithinReach

These masterpieces made for quite a glorious bulletin board of colorful mayhem, in response to David Shannon's delightful picture book. Have you read it? The amazing tale revolves around being true to yourself, fitting in, standing out and of all things: 

LIMA BEANS!!

Please don't ask my parents about my feelings regarding Lima beans... or peas for that matter. Long story short? Family lore would tell you that I became a master at hiding my vegetables in lieu of eating them. 
Favorite spot? Under the knife! 

photo of: Debbie Clement Author Visit to Michelle Ayala's "Kinder Fun" Class

Maybe that's how I've developed such a case of stripes? 

Haven't heard of the book? 
Want a video reading my the master, Sean Astin? 
Look no further. 


Or follow this link to a FREEBIE writing activity from 
Mrs. Lemons of 
"Step into 2nd Grade." 

What ever your feelings about Lima beans and stripes,
stay true to yourself.
Think good thoughts for me as I wing my way back toward the Lone Star state! 
Tomorrow is my VERY GOOD, EXCITING DAY!
My first, ever national KEYNOTE presentation!!

photo of: American Flag with Texas Flag via RainbowsWithinReach

-- Debbie -- 

Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Speaking of classics. 
I now have my own classic "You're Wonderful" available in a zipped, digital Mp3 format. 
If you're thinkin' of Lima beans, self esteem + fitting in, this could be the song for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...