Monday, May 14, 2012

Graphic Organizers for Elementary

photo of: Graphic Organizers for elementary, Foldables for student reports, Kinesthetic learning
photo of: Graphic Organizers for language Arts, foldable examples, kinesthetic approach to language Art
Graphic Organizer Approach to Student Reports on Inventors: Elementary School Display
Did someone say graphic organizers? 
Based on the popularity of my earlier posts containing examples of these kinesthetic-wonders....... 
I was THRILLED to see these examples in the hallway. 

The reports on iconic inventors presented in three dimensions were so much fun to see proudly displayed during my Author-visit to Kirkersville Elementary.
What an awesome way to extend learning across domains! 

The inventors weren't the only portrayal using this graphic organizer style. 
Facing them across the hall were a whole bulletin board of 'porcupine' foldables.

photo of: Graphic Organizers on Bulletin Board, Displaying foldables on bulletin board
Bulletin Board of Student Graphic Organizers on subject of Porcupines


As I attempt to figure out what to share/report as we come down to the conclusion of the school year,  I thought seeing this student work could perhaps inspire one final project.

Here are my first two blog posts on graphic organizers, just click through to see the TON of Dinah Zike examples I saw on display at these reading conferences: 
Graphic Organizer for Sequencing in Stories

I hope that these examples of student work jump start your imagination in offering your students (or the children under your roof) ideas to get creative with the material that they are learning!! Here's to creativity in education!!! 


-- Debbie-- 

Be sure to come back tomorrow for a profusion of butterflies + rainbows in support of the amazing project
SMALL HANDS CREATING HOPE which launches today!!
Small Hands Creating Hope

5 comments:

  1. Oh, such a great post! I love it that you always have so many photos and your shares are easy to follow and recreate. Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolyn!! Thanks for your continued cheering and support. I thought these were so very clever!!! I hope that other teachers are encouraged to think outside the box with their students.
      Debbie

      Delete
  2. Are there directions for the foldables?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. I have nothing beyond the photographs to share. I hope that they inspire you to see what you can come up with. Thanks for asking. I am always glad to hear from readers.

      Debbie

      Delete
    2. Dinah Zike invented Foldables and you can find more on her website: dinah.com
      There are many examples found on the Internet and you can google them too. We have many downloadable templates for free on the site as well as products for every subject area for K-12 instruction.
      Check out notebookingcentral.com too if you use interactive notebooks. We do professional development too and can come to any school campus.

      Delete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...