Friday, August 5, 2011

Happy Hand Highlights



While I'm still walking on air from the recent announcement of my first national book award, I thought this would be a great segway to go back in time again and finish some end-of-the-year spring posts from my various author/illustrator visits to schools. I love walking into an elementary school building to find awesome art projects prominently displayed on the walls. Those graphic hands were created by the mature artists in the building. I love the way these hands of my kindergartners reflect the artwork above!!




On this particular day I had been called to work with the kindergarten students. I like to see their hands at work through our time together. I focus on engaging the students with as many senses as possible..... keeping them engaged as we sing and read and sign and act and march and read and jump and sing and read and sign. This earlier post I discuss the advantages of crossing the midline at length. I love these smiles, caught in the act of strengthing the connection between the hemispheres of their brains!!



Click here for my post on suggestions to arrange an author visit.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Debbie, on your award! I absolutely cannot wait for your two-day visit to our school in October...a way for you to touch the lives of 500 more children. Your energy, enthusiasm, and general love for life is amazing. I am honored to know you and genuinely thrilled for this recent accomplishment.
    My Best,
    Peggy Stickney
    Principal
    Clyde Elementary School
    Clyde, Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy, Peggy, PEGGY!!!!

    I'm sooooooo excited for my third visit under your guidance. It's always such a thrill to return to Clyde. This will be an awesome time with all of your students -- for your final lap and retirement send-off.

    Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...