Friday, March 8, 2013

Shamrocks + Rainbows: Fine Motor Friday

photo of: Fine Motor Leads to Fine Arts Part 48: Shamrocks + Rainbows at RainbowsWithinReach

It's FRIDAY!!! AGAIN!
FINE MOTOR FRIDAY! 
Plenty of seasonal fun for the gilding of the green.

photo of: Shamrocks + Rainbows at RainbowsWithinReach
This is Part 48 in the ongoing series. 
Here's a festive St. Patrick's classroom door decorated in Pataskala, Ohio to get us started. Long time readers here know how supportive I am to see 'open-ended' Art explorations. These shamrocks provide just the backdrop for experimentation with media. 

photo of: St. Patrick's Day Classroom Door Decoration at RainbowsWithinReach

Next up let's travel to Nashville where I was just exactly this time last week. More Shamrocks and more opportunity to explore with 'process' art. Provide paint and some cookie cutters and see what happens. So many children. So many choices. So much energy. So much effort. So much learning at your own speed. So appropriate for young fingers! 

photo of: Shamrock Shenanigans: Open-ended Art via RainbowsWithinReach

This is what the individual shamrocks look like grouped together 'growing' on the classroom's seasonal tree on the bulletin board. I bet they get you in the mood for spring, just walking in the door! 

photo of: St. Patrick's Day Bulletin Board of Shamrocks via RainbowsWithinReach

Since it's Friday and we're talking fine motor..... take a look at these next finished 'lucky charms' across the hallway in Nashville. These are pre-cut foam-shaped shamrocks. Then the children have been given oodles of peel-off sticky (AND SHINY) shamrocks to affix to their heart's content. What a great way to get some bling into the project without having glitter up and down your floor for weeks on end. Win/WIN!! I can just imagine the fine motor work needed to peep the stickers! 

photo of: Shamrock Collages at RainbowsWithinReach

And here's what their 'seasonal tree' looks like all decked out for March mischief. I bet there are Leprechaun's dancing just at the periphery! Wish I could click my heels and return to see what else they've added to their celebration in the last week. I'm off this morning to my friends in South Daytona Beach. We'll see if I have some 'goodies' to add to this article later today! 

photo of: St. Patrick's Day Bulletin Board of Shamrocks at RainbowsWithinReach

With all of these shamrocks there must be a rainbow hovering around here somewhere........... 

photo of: "Happy St. Patty's Day" Bulletin Board at RainbowsWithinReach

Now that we've made the transition from shamrocks to rainbows, let me dig around in my files and share some of my favorites from my various Author-Illustrator school visits across the country. Here are a few that come to mind quickly as I go racing out the door! 

photo of: Rainbow Bulletin Board with Individual Roy G. Biv Crepe Paper Rainbows (from Bulletin Board Round-UP via RainbowsWithinReach)

"I am a rainbow in someone else's cloud." --Maya Angelou quote on child's painted rainbow (Blog article with TONS of back-to-school resources gathered in one spot.)
"I am a RAINBOW in someone else's cloud."  -- Maya Angelou 
photo of: Rainbow Bulletin Board of Pasta (Created in Reggio Emilia, Italy)
Reggio Emilia, Italy RAINBOW of PASTA! OVER-sized and Glorious

photo of: Rainbow Collaborative Collage: Color Recognition via RainbowsWithinReach
Michigan collage Rainbow 

photo of: Quotation on faith through challenges with rainbow art (via RainbowsWithinReach)
Chicago Illinois Tissue Paper Rainbow 



-- Debbie -- 

I finally got my CD of Fine Motor songs uploaded as a selection at Teachers Pay Teachers. The album of 12 songs was commissioned by Zaner-Bloser!!

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful rainbows! I love the one with magazine pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dearie. I'm just slightly partial to the rainbows! Always happy to see you here. You're such a kind heart to support me as you do.

      Debbie

      Delete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...