Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Winter Poem Anchor Charts


photo of: Winter Poem Rhyme Anchor Charts via RainbowsWithinReach
Would you do me a big favor and pin this image? You'll want a reminder and I appreciate the ripples your pin creates.

WINTER!!! It's really winter!!!! 
You know how I know? 
There are winter poems and winter rhymes in every classroom I enter. 

Welcome if this is your first time here. 
I make my way around the country as the 'music-lady'
Author-Illustrator making school visits.

I've learned that you appreciate looking over my shoulder.

ENJOY!!


I think that the first rhyme, Whirling/Twirling, on the top of this first chart works really well when you sing it to the tune of 'Where is Thumbkin?' For the 'Snowflake' rhyme on the bottom the meter fits right over top of 'I'm a Little Tea Pot.' 

Remember whenever singing with children, even those that can read independently, the goal is for them to remember the rhyme/song lyrics to be able to sing them from memory ~~ in a sense to perform for audiences at home. That means repetition is the order of the day. Lots and lots of repetition. 


I think it's obvious from the lyrics that the "Three Little Kittens" rhyme above can be sung to a truncated version of 'One Little Indian' dittie from our childhood. 
Extra KUDOS to the teacher for her illustrations of the poem. 

Yes these are all laminated for seasons ahead. 
So going to the effort of adding the illustrations is well worth it!


The chubby chart above is one of my long term favorites. 
Do you use it every year? 
In my experience it is the PERFECT song to include props for a dramatic enactment, story-telling version suitable for audiences. 

Adding an actual top hat and scarf for the snowman, and rabbit ear headband make the whole story come to life. 

SO SIMPLE. SO. MUCH. FUN!!

I use the tune that you may know as the 'Tiny Tim' one of bathtub fame. 


Now back to the 'Tea Pot' tune for the two verse penguin song above


Do you have misgivings about playful penguins eating pizza?
Obviously this teacher premises this work with a smile and a giggle. 
What else starts with letter P? 
Let's make up some more silly verses. 

Next up are two of my classics spotted last year. 


Here's the only version I have to share, presented in the pocket chart approach. 
LUV LUV LUV the applicability to math for this rhyme. 
BAZINGA! 


This just in! ANOTHER Winter Anchor chart!! 
LUV LUV LUV this little rhyme! 

photo of: Winter Mitten Anchor Chart Poem via RainbowsWithinReach

While not exactly an anchor chart, this winter bulletin board rhyme is too clever, 
not to include in this little RoundUP!

photo of: A Rainbow Blizzard: Process Art + Poem via RainbowsWithinReach

Here's another 'late' addition from the future! 

Snowman Counting/Melting Rhyme via RainbowsWithinReach

photo of: Winter Rhymes and Anchor Charts via RainbowsWithinReach

Winter Snowman Poem via RainbowsWithinReach

***** REMEMBER *****
Keeping your charts organized and available 
is the other half of the battle.

Here's an idea I saw that keeps things at your finger-tips!  
photo of: Organize your Anchor Charts by Hanging them on Hangers


Did you get a chance to see my earlier Winter Fun RoundUP of bulletin board ideas and simple crafts? 
It's worth your time to click back to see those ideas. Here's the visual bait to lure you deeper into my blog. 


photo of: Winter Fun RoundUP of Winter Bulletin Boards, Snowmen, Snowflake and Penguin Fun via RainbowsWithinReach
Winter Fun RoundUP of Bulletin Boards + Craft Projects 

Thanks so much for stopping by. 
I appreciate those of you who follow me out into the wider world through all of the various social networking opportunities. 

Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com

I have now opened a store at TeachersPayTeachers where you can access my materials in an immediate digital presentation. I have zipped files with Mp3 versions of my songs and Pdf's of the support materials. 

In my enthusiasm to search the world for the very best resources for this youngest age group, I have opened an entire EARLY EDUCATION EMPORIUM with some of my fellow authors at our collaborative blog PreK+K Sharing, and you can shop there in your jammies as well. 

Early Education Emporium

If you have a winter anchor chart you'd like me to add to this post, 
just email me the image and the link to your blog! 

I will happily edit this post to have more resources. 

-- Debbie -- 

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you've found them! Happy to add to your collection.

      Debbie

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's always fun to discover more excellence-in-education as I visit about the country!

      Debbie

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing these winter poems, I needed new ones for shared reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are quite welcome! Glad to add to your collection.

      Debbie

      It is of course, the teachers I 'visit' who do the hard work. I am merely the conduit.

      Delete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...