Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Snowman in a Snow Globe Winter Art Project

photo of: Winter Art Project: Snowman in a Snow Globe via RainbowsWithinReach

How AWESOME is this winter Art project? 
These are Florida snow globes. Can ya tell? 
I saw them last week happily on display during my school visit to THE most incredible program serving children with special needs.

I LUV LUV LUV this project on so many levels! 
First off. Of course you can see that the snow globe is devised from running marbles through paint. 
OPEN-ENDED SCIENCE EXPLORATION!
PROCESS! Open-ended PROCESS Art!

photo of: Open-Ended Art: Marble Run Project via RainbowsWithinReach

Secondly and MOST important to me........... 
The teachers have allowed the 'product' part of this project (the snowman construction) to be GENUINELY the work of the young student. 

I have talked here repeatedly about the teachers (and parents) of the world who are "Art fixers" and who smoosh things around while still wet to achieve a more 'correct' version of art work. 

photo of: Open-Ended Art: Marble Run Project via RainbowsWithinReach

Three cheers for allowing the work of children to be brilliant in all of its simplicity and authenticity. 

Thirdly. These finished masterpieces were displayed with such respect and care on the bulletin board for the whole world to admire. 
Take a look at the complete display and clap with me!!!

photo of: Winter Bulletin Board with Penguins + Snow Globes

Did you see this earlier RoundUP of Winter bulletin boards? 
If you're in need of ideas click back to that earlier one

photo of: Winter Fun RoundUP of Winter Bulletin Boards, Snowmen, Snowflake and Penguin Fun via RainbowsWithinReach

Yes. I had those adorable penguins featured 
in my RoundUP here on all things penguin.....
but they're so sweet, I know you will appreciate seeing them all over again. 

photo of: Penguin Valentines via RainbowsWithinReach

Hope that you're staying warm -- wherever you are! 
At this moment I'm reporting from OH and YES we had snow yesterday. 
First I've seen the white stuff in a while. 
I spent my morning feeling like I was sitting IN that snow globe!

I have to admit, if its a national holiday and you have no where pressing to be, just sitting and watching the flakes arrive is delightful! 

YES!!! By all means, please PIN! 
I now have a quick-pin button that will appear when ever you 'hover' over a picture with your mouse. 
I was able to install this feature from reading this tutorial. 
ALL on my own. (Which means its super simple!) 
THANKS!!

-- Debbie -- 

4 comments:

  1. I love both of these ideas! I'm part of a winter art exchange and I think I'm going to make the snowmen for it! Thank you for sharing. I love wiggle eyes!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to have provided you with ideas that are useful and of the moment! I'm a big believer in the power of the wigglie-eye! They make everything more fun, don't they?

      Debbie

      Delete
  2. Oh Debbie - those are just precious! I haven't done marble art in such a long time- I think I kinda forgot about it. How brillant to use it for this...yes, I agree I am not a fan of 'art' fixers...cute term BTW. LOVE these!
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicky, Thanks so much for popping in and adding your voice. YES! Marble run is the perfect 'use' for creating the backdrop for this project! Isn't it fun to breathe life into an 'old' idea?

      Debbie

      Delete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...