Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Snowmen in Texas, Friendswood Texas!

photo of: Snow People in OODLES of variations at RainbowsWithinReach

Snowmen in Texas? 
Which part of Texas has snowmen you ask?
 Not just snowmen, but LOTS of snow PEOPLE?
Why, FRIENDSwood -- of course! 
I know! Because I saw them with my very own eyes.
I just made an Author/Illustrator visit and was overjoyed at their projects. 
Let's start with these gems! Snowflakes + writing! 

photo of: Snowflake Snow People with Writing via RainbowsWithinReach

Here's what the whole winter bulletin board looked like.

These snow folks know the need of a good scarf!
There's a lot of cutting in this project.....
and many ways to tie a scarf. 

And here's one portion of the over-sized snowman bulletin board of these happy characters in all of their glory. 


Now a look at some more projects that combine art with writing. 
This first one is a craftivity that explains how to build a snowman. 
The booklets are stapled at the top and open below to see the hand-written instructions and Texas insight for snowman building tucked inside. 


These snowmen paintings provide a backdrop for original poetry. 
Look at all of the details in these scarves and hats!
Buttons! Coal mouths. Even ear muffs! 


Now I have some snowpeople that combine the creative creation side with MATH!

photo of: Snow People and Math via Snowman RoundUP at RainbowsWithinReach

"My snowman is _____ cubes tall."

photo of: snowmen and math at RainbowsWithinReach
"My snowman is _______ cubes tall."

These next TRULY unique characters were created at home as homework assignments. What a fun connection between home and school.  
Look at the details that parents have helped supervise.
Look closely.
They are built on three paper plates stapled together. 
EASY PEASY!! Lemon Squeezie!! 



This final chart is the favorite part of my roaming the hallways in Texas. 
What an awesome idea to chart actual life experience. 
"Have you ever made a REAL snowman?" 
A small percentage have sealed the deal. 


Do you realize that I'm a Pinterest Princess?
I'm nearing 100,000 followers.
SERIOUSLY!
I have a Pin-Board dedicated to "Snow People."
Come follow me at Pinterest for all of the goodies I can find in one place!

All Things Snowman: Poetry, Fine Motor, Math + Art at RainbowsWithinReach

--Debbie--

I conclude today with an 'experiment' gone AMUK. Below you will find a happy little three minute slide show of my visit in Friendswood filled with a couple dozen AWESOME photos set to one of my own instrumentals. It will truly make you smile if you have a couple more minutes. It is my first time using an application called "SmileBox." I have seen others use this format on their blogs, and without checking with my braintrust, I just jumped in and made this delightful scrapbook.

Here's my experience. It was VERY easy to navigate and create the glimpse you'll see below. HOWEVER, I would NOT recommend to anyone that you join SmileBox. When I downloaded their program to my laptop, it 'high-jacked' my computer's tool bar -- obviously without my consent. This is such a HUGE nuisance. I am in OH right now and hubby/tech consultant is in FL. We tried over the phone to sort this out. An hour later, I still don't have 'my' tool bar back. I have complained in all caps and many exclamation marks but have not received any actual support from their support team. 
BOO HISS SmileBox. How dare you! Two thumbs down. WAY down. 
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a free photo slideshow

2 comments:

  1. SO fun to see my kids' work showcased on your blog ... our time together came and went too fast! Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to come to Friendswood and sharing your enchantment with us!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite a showcase your building, Barbara! It was my honor and priviledge to spend time in your building. What an opportunity to meet you in the midst of your miracle of returning to LIFE! Thanks for everything you did to orchestrate the brilliant day!

      Debbie

      Delete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...