Friday, September 4, 2009

Where the Pavement Ends




“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me...
Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
--Shel Silverstein
Sun's out. Bike skort: check. Sunglasses: check. Water bottle: check. Chewing gum: check. Camera: check. Let's hit the road!! I head out on County Road Z as per usual and downshift going up & over the big hill. Very familiar territory. I know every undulation in the pavement by this point of the summer. On a lark I decide to go down the dead-end road marked, North Shore Bay. New territory. I figure it's gotta be worth at least half a mile in and the same to come back. Right? What I can't figure out is how there can be a 'bay' heading out this direction??? Off I head into the unexplored and uncharted..... in search of a bay. I ride and ride and ride and then ride just a little bit further. How amazing is North Shore Bay? Oh, I'd say three stars, at least. And guess what? There is a bay! With a boat launch no less. You have to go another half a mile or so from where the pavement stops. All I could think of was Shel Silverstein. Maybe he explored his own version of North Shore Bay? Guess what I'm including on my next trip? Why, more of North Shore Bay, of course. After all, 'everything is possible, everything can be.'
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. How lovely to discover...anything! You took the road less traveled and have a memory jewel to last all your life. Isn't this an amazing world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...