Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Time Capsule Treasures

Inspired by a friend on Facebook, who'd changed her profile picture to one a mere 50 years earlier, I got motivated to share some photos from the family album. I tell the students during author/illustrator visits that I was born before color was invented. (It always gets a knowing chuckle from the teacher in the room.) Here I am with my big brother Dan. And, yes, now you know why I adore black and white, checks, and stripes, and quilts -- all mixed happily together.
How happy am I with my fuzzy friend?

Here I am ready to head out the door for a full morning of dress-up, make-believe fun. You'll notice that I'm wearing my mommy's shoes, hat and jewelry and carrying her purse. I guess this whole penchant for "dress up" goes way back. I'm still having fun with accessorizing. The gloves are the finishing touch!! Don't you agree? Oooo-la-la! It's all in the details. Bring on the sundresses.

Here are the First-Fiedler Five, (PreSisterRebeccaEra) cuddled up close for an evening read. I'm the one with the banged up knee. I think it stayed banged up until I went off to high school. I have a great big scar to document this era. Notice my closely-shorn bangs..... a tell-tale-Debbie marker for sure! The better to see you with, my dear.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...