Monday, January 19, 2009

Have Sewing Machine.......




............... will travel! I've had this idea in my head for years, literally YEARS. A couple of years back I fell in love with these grommet kits at JoAnn Fabrics -- in the curtain area. From time to time I'd remember how cool I thought they looked and I'd attempt to invent a project to use them.. Then this fall when I was visiting at Noelle & Zac's they had curtains across their very w-i-d-e windows and guess what..... they had grommets!! And when the sun came up, Noelle would whisk back the curtains in a flash, and we'd all bask in the water's edge view. Speaking of that trip, on my way outta DC I made a delirious and unsupervised stop at their IKEA, after I had literally "studied" the web site. I indulged my every black and white desire and bought a LOT of their Scandinavian fabric.

Wellllllllllllll, the day had finally arrived. Today was: make-new-curtains-for-the-sliding-glass-door-in-our-bedroom-day. And guess what?? It was also learn-how-to-use/make-grommets!! Anyhow, all in one day I got everything all measured, cut, ironed, sewn, ironed again, lined, hemmed and ironed once more for good measure. I picked out the curtain rod yesterday and Allen installed it during his lunch break today. I'm so tickled with the way they turned out!! (I'm sure that the early morning golfers will be just as delighted, not to have to avert their eyes any longer.) Now that this project is outta my brain, I wonder what new project will wander in??
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...