Saturday, April 23, 2011

Photo Opportunity!!!














Ansbach evening. Staff training is scheduled. We are to be in the base's "ballroom" as it is equipped with sound equipment and an LCD for PowerPoint presentations. We arrive after our international meal in the city (baked Italian calzones, created by Asian chef in a German restaurant.) When we arrive at the ballroom, there are dozens & dozens of our uniformed personnel -- just finishing their own training event. Quite a few our proud US citizens are out on the terrace as we pull up.



PHOTO OPPORTUNITY!!!!



I explain my mission to them in a heart-beat & explain that up until this moment, many of my photos could have been taken state-side and that I'm looking for a few good men to flank my stripes & polka-dots. Immediately I have a willing troop and the first photo above is snapped. As soon as we move into the ballroom, I spot the flags and yet more milling personnel and ask for the second shot above. Yes. I am on a European Army installation!! These pictures will remain as treasures for a very long time to come!



Before I can snap my fingers twice, our early childhood componant of teachers arrive and off we head to Goldie Goldfish and my usual set of singin' songs for movement & more!!! Has the ballroom ever held such a diversity of focus in one evening's duration? A million thanks to Trude for creating this unique experience. We head back to our windmill and ready our cargo to cross the Alps in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, Debbie! Thank you for sharing your travels! Are you invited to these events? I'm particularly interested in the Military base events. How wonderful, and much needed! God bless!

    Tammy Goforth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Tammy I was indeed invited for this adventure or a lifetime. As part of "Month of the Military Child" I made visits to 4 US Army bases across Germany & Italy.

    I had the unique opportunity to sing with the elementary school kiddos, the preschoolers, the staff and also the families in concert settings. Pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...