Wednesday, April 27, 2011

New School in Reggio!!!















Just how awesome is this concept? Gather original children's artwork that is effervescent in it's innocence of color and design. Enlarge these masterpieces by about 3000 or 4000% and reproduce them 'professionally' over a two story atrium of a new childcare building!!! My favorite part of the display? The original designs that are displayed amidst the monsta-enlargements. I wonder about their being held in place with a teeny-tiny bit of what looked like masking tape? Perhaps the child-artist was given the opportunity to 'hang' their own work?

What does this treatment of wall space give? A totally child-friendly entrance that permanently announces an appreciation for the work of children. I can imagine that every day that as the children come to school -- as they walk thru the front doors and walk on down the bright hallway to their room, that they know from the tops of the heads to the tips of their toes that the process of art is appreciated in this space. After all it is displayed from the tips of the rafters, across the door jambs and over the two story space. Oh happy day!!


[As I add some text to the photos today I lament that time during my visit did not allow me to capture each 'piece' of the public mural. I would guess from my recollection that there were at least a dozen children-artists represented in this gallery format.] LOVED it!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh, I want to be there with you!! Did you take more photos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an awesome adventure, Deborah. I finally have all of the Reggio photos posted. Hope that you have a chance to look through some of what I was able to see.

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...