Saturday, April 23, 2011

Allen's Autobaun Alps












Adventure you say? Just ask Allen!! "Allen's Autobaun Adventure thru the Alps." Today's installment of adventure-of-the-day -- actually a reflection, since I am now over a week behind in the Euro Report. We now have 'Elsa' the GPS speaking English as she rattles off the German intersections & it's time to head south, so it will be interesting to hear her Italian accept. We headed down through the Alps on the Autobaun -- yes, the very one & the same you've heard so much about. I'm here to testify that people drive FAST on the autobaun, extremely fast, breat-takingly fast, while others acknowledge the metric signage above and take heed of the suggested posted speeds in the more difficult passages. There are very long stretches of road, where no speed limit is posted..... which means drive as fast as you possibly can get your car to travel. Three cheers for Allen. (BTW: I'm sworn to secrecy as to how fast I ever saw our speedometer register...... even at our fastest, there were cars flying past us!! We did set a record for us personally and by US standards: oh my!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...